Logging/displaying events (1 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Clarent test lab
Message 1 of 4 (1 View)

Logging/displaying events

I have chosen Options -> Event Configuration, then selected the Enterprise ID and Event ID for the event I want. The catagory button shows several options, including the default of log only, as well as various alarm catagories. I would like to know where the log only option places events, and be able to look at that log. If an event is told to go to an alarm catagory, will it still go to the log?
Honored Contributor
Ian_4
Message 2 of 4 (1 View)

Re: Logging/displaying events

The event will be logged in the events database (/var/opt/OV/share/databases/eventdb) .
To see these the events use ovdumpevents (see man ovdumpevents) - If you specify log and display this will show the events in the alarm browser. If you select log only the event will only be logged in the events database.

Ian.
Frequent Advisor
Ralf Reinartz
Message 3 of 4 (1 View)

In additional to IAN's answer you can create the trapd.log file.
insert "-SOV_EVENT;t" into the 3. collum off your pmd.lrf file.
after restart of pmd services you'll find the file trapd.log in your $OVHOME/log directory.
This is a plain text file where all events are logged.

so long

Ralf
Honored Contributor
Ian_4
Message 4 of 4 (1 View)

one more thing. Pmd's t option will create an additional file (trapd.log) to the event database, this requires more space on your management station?s hard drive, just to let you know.

Ian
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.