Re: How to upgrade to NNM 9.23 (721 Views)
Trusted Contributor
nicnictout
Message 1 of 4 (775 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to upgrade to NNM 9.23

Hello,

i would like to upgrade my NNM 9.20 to NNM 9.23, but i never find package or patch to do this, neither any document.

Can someone could link me information about it and how to proceed please, i'm must be a newbie because no one seems have trouble with this :(

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 4 (748 Views)

Re: How to upgrade to NNM 9.23

Its not magic, its just adding the patch. HP has been playing fast and loose with revsion naming for a while.

BTW the current patch version is 9.2 patch 4 and thats how its beging refered to while the previous patch is refered to as 9.23.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 3 of 4 (735 Views)

Go to support.openview.hp.com.

Login, go to Downloads, patches. Find the NNMi 9.20 patch 4 link.  THat contains a list of all fixes, and installation instructions.

Actual installation is very easy - download the RPM, copy it to your NNMi system, use rpm -i to install it. 

(Of course take a backup first!)

Plenty of fixes between 9.20 and 9.24 - well worth doing the upgrade.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Trusted Contributor
nicnictout
Message 4 of 4 (721 Views)

Hello,

Sorry for delay, i could not authentificate of HP web sites since yesterday afternoon.

thx very much, as i had many issues with HPOM uninstall after patching it, i was afraid to patch NNM with the patch004 before be sure of what i do :)

HP patch release note is not very clear about upgrade detail in their patch004 notes.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.