Re: How to export SPI data every 5 minutes (263 Views)
Frequent Advisor
James Donn
Message 1 of 4 (288 Views)

How to export SPI data every 5 minutes

Hello,

We are collecting lots of interesting data from the performance SPI.  However, we would like to export that information so that we can visualize the data with a different tool.  I only see two options:

1) extractData.ovpl - dumps all the data, which is too much to do every 5 minutes.

2) configureCsvExport.ovpl - automatically creates .csv files every hour, which is not granular enough.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to get recent data every 5 minutes?

Thank you,

Jim

NNMi 9.1 on RHEL5
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 2 of 4 (279 Views)

Re: How to export SPI data every 5 minutes

Not too difficult, you can schedule a report from the BI server to do that. Only caveat is that the sweep period from Perf to pick up new data from the NNMi polls at 5 minutes would be cutting it close.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
James Donn
Message 3 of 4 (268 Views)

I am not too familiar with the reporting utility, but have been poking around.  Any hints on how to get a dump of aoo interface metrics for the past 5 minutes?

Thank you,

Jim

NNMi 9.1 on RHEL5
Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Michael Cameron
Message 4 of 4 (263 Views)

A single report cannot be configured to show all metrics collected so scheduled reports are out.

extractData dumps the whole database with no filtering by time so you don't want that.

Howver, you reject configureCsvExport because you want files more frequently than every hour - I thought that hourly was for SUMMARY data but you get LIVE data whenever it is getting loaded into IQ (that is all configure CSV export daoes, it preserves the files gettting loaded into the database instead of deleting them).

I think you should look at configureCsvExport again and see if you haven't just configured it to dump hourly data, I reckon you should get data at 5 minute intervals (or your polling interval if that is larger).

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation