Re: HP NNMi application failover and integration with OMW (106 Views)
Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 1 of 3 (143 Views)

HP NNMi application failover and integration with OMW

Hi all,

We are planning for NNMi 9.2x application failover on RHEL.

we are going to integrate NNMi with OMW, and here I got few queries on integration part,

1) NNMi will be integrated with OMW for event integration, how will integration work when primary NNMi fails and operations are take care by secondary NNMi, as in NNMi-OMW integration , we will be giving IP address of Primary OMW.

2)  Will the integration fails when NNMi primary fails, OR it sends alert to OMW from secondary NNMi as well( please clarify how will it work in this case)

3) Now what if primary OMW goes down and secondary comes up, in this case will integration fail, as NNMi (primary or secondary) will continue to send alerts to primary OMW

will be grateful if someone can answer this!!

Thanks in advance!

Hanumant

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
Dave Young
Message 2 of 3 (114 Views)

Re: HP NNMi application failover and integration with OMW

Hanumant,

Let me try to answer some of these questions from an NNMi point of view.  I am presuming you will be using the Northbound integration to OM and not the Web services.  I am also presuming you are using the NNMi Application Failover Feature and not the linux cluster solution.  However the answers should be the same for both.

1) The integration configuration details are stored in the DB.  This is replicated to the standby NNMi server so when it comes up it will have the same configuraiton details and should forward in the same way.

2) The standy NNMi server should take over and forward the events to OM.

3) I am not aware of the OM application failover solutions.  If it involves keeping the same IP address then it should work just fine, if there is a new IP address then you would need to consider configuring both servers into NNMi so that it is sending the events to both machines all the time.   There is duplication here, but it means the standy OM server would still receive the incidents.

all the best

Dave Y

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
HanumantMadane
Message 3 of 3 (106 Views)

Re: HP NNMi application failover and integration with OMW

Hi Dave,

Thanks a lot for the detailed answer of all my questions.

I will check the OM side of this intgegration and we are good to go with that.

Thanks again!! :)

Regards,

Hanumant

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation