Re: HP NNMi and HP NA synchronization. (510 Views)
Frequent Advisor
FrankyVally
Message 1 of 7 (542 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP NNMi and HP NA synchronization.

Hello,

NNMi 9.13

NA: 9.10

We need to synchronize HP NNMi and HP NA.  I read somewhere that the best way to do this is to export the nodes using NNMimport on NNMi and then run a task to import it in NA.  However, I can't find the NNMimport.bat on the NNMi server.

Is it still done this way, or as it changed?

Thanks

Valued Contributor
inquinta
Message 2 of 7 (532 Views)

Re: HP NNMi and HP NA synchronization.

Hello,

There is an out of the box integration between NNMi 9.10 and NA 9.10.All the configuration is done in the NNMi side , from the workspace Integrations-> HP Network Automation. If you enable that integration, it dynamically synchronizes the topology for the nodes in the specified NNMi synchronization node grouop ( you have set in the integration form) with the devices in the appropiate NA security partition.

If you want to learn more about this integration please read pages 483-505 of the attached manual.

Hope this helps,

Inma

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Frequent Advisor
FrankyVally
Message 3 of 7 (524 Views)

Hello Inma,

I did follow those instructions, but I only have 55 devices in my HP NA installation in the lab while I have 114 in NNMi.  If it does synchronize dynamically, the only thing I can see is that there is more then half of the devices that are not supported by NA.  I know that there is 30 or servers and 2 printers, but the rest should be switches, routers and firewalls along with wafs.

Would NNMi also update HP NA if I was to remove a supported NA node?  I could do a test this way, because I cannot add any supported devices in the lab to test.

Thanks

Honored Contributor
AndyKemp
Message 4 of 7 (522 Views)

If and only if you have that behavior enabled in the integration settings.

Have a nice day :)

Andy Kemp,  CISSP
Frequent Advisor
FrankyVally
Message 5 of 7 (519 Views)

Hello Andy,

Thanks for your help.

I do not see any settings related to this.  Topology filter right now is set to blank.  Synchronization is once every 24 hours.  Discover Device Drivers in NA is checked.  Security group is uncheck and NA connection check Interval is set to 24.

Which settings are you referring to?  The Node group topology filter?

Thanks

Frequent Advisor
FrankyVally
Message 6 of 7 (511 Views)

Hello,

It seems like I was not patient enough.  I removed the topology filter yesterday morning.  I thought more then 24 hours went by and I did not see more devices.  However, now I see all the devices.  The synchronization works.

One last question:

If I remove a node in NA, will it ever be pushed back to NA by NNMi no matter what?

Thanks

Franky

Valued Contributor
inquinta
Message 7 of 7 (510 Views)

Hello,

If you only want to synchronize those NA devices then you can configure in NNMi a node group that contain only the NA devices. Then in the NA integration form , in the field "Topology Filter Node Group" set the name of that NNMi node group. After that, the topology synchronization only will happen for those nodes.

Hope this helps,

Inma

“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.