HP Automated Network Mgmt: Best Practices for Managing a Business-Critical Network Infrastructure (254 Views)
Super Collector
Ashish Kuthiala
Message 1 of 2 (254 Views)

HP Automated Network Mgmt: Best Practices for Managing a Business-Critical Network Infrastructure

Session @ HP Software Universe in Barcelona:  HP Automated Network Management: Best Practices for Managing a Business-Critical Network Infrastructure

Hi all,

I am going to be presenting at HP Software Universe Barcelona, Spain. If you are there, you should come and  see the presentation on HP Automated Network Management: Best Practices for Managing a Business-Critical Network Infrastructure.

The session will be on December 1st, at 9:00am in room P1-116, P1 Level CCIB. The session number is BTOT-WE-0900/3.

We would like to give you the possibility to ask specific question prior to the session and let us know what your expectations would be for this session.  After the HP Software Universe we will keep this post open for additional questions or dialogue that you would like to have on this session.

Here is a summary of the session:

Managing large multi-vendor network can be a complex endeavor.   Enterprises often find themselves with a set of disparate point tools and manual processes that are costly to deploy, maintain and use.   Join us to learn a best practices approach, resulting in integrated and automated network management utilizing the HP Automated Network Management (ANM) solution.   The HP ANM solution unifies the network fault management, network performance management and network configuration and compliance management with automated diagnostics and remediation.

Appreciate your feedback and questions you might have.

Hope to see you in Barcelona!

Greetings,

Ashish Kuthiala, HP Product Line Manager

http://www.linkedin.com/in/ashishkuthiala
Honored Contributor
DJ Hogeweg
Message 2 of 2 (254 Views)

Re: HP Automated Network Mgmt: Best Practices for Managing a Business-Critical Network Infrastructur

Hi Ashish,

Maybe a late reaction but I recently joined this discussion group. I'm not able to join your lecture unfortunately but I have some questions for you.

The network industry embraces  the paradigm that at present days management still is carried out by human acts and knowledge. Network management therefore is mostly a reactive acting. Only automating management is a way to turn this into proactive management. But automation is frustrated by the fact that it's very difficult to get a true and good picture of your IT infrastructure and most important the relations and interactions between the individual infrastructure components. Is this a fact what you experienced when automating your network management?

My experience is that when you talk with network managers about network management automation that they get cold shivers and say that this is impossible. What is the best way to persuade them that automation is possible and to their benifit? 

Is there a way to persuade the network industry that their management approach must change in order to tackle management of complex IT infrastuctures?

Kind regards, 

Dirk Hogeweg

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.