HMC console error log trap (718 Views)
Valued Contributor
bebu
Message 1 of 5 (718 Views)
Accepted Solution

HMC console error log trap

Hi,

I need to receive error log from HMC console to NNM. is it possible ? i have already setup NNM IP & community string in HMC console's Trap senders tab & checked Test trap. but i have not received any traps.

Anybody please help on this! thank you!

Regards,

BeB

HP Expert
Walinton
Message 2 of 5 (694 Views)

Re: HMC console error log trap

Hello

The source sending the trap (your HMC server) needs to be added as a managed node into NNMi inventory, or uncheck the "Discard unresolved traps" from the NNMi Incident Configuration.

The trap definition (MIB) must be loaded into NNMi so that NNMi receives and interprets the trap. Have you loaded any HMC MIB into NNMi and then its traps?

Thank you

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Valued Contributor
bebu
Message 3 of 5 (679 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for the information!

But when i have uploaded the mib file, it show an error message " you have probably mixing v1/ v2 constructions" message.

IBM support had given the MIB file, i have uploaded here, & the same have been found in the portal : http://www-304.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/hmc/mib.html

HP Expert
DSimon
Message 4 of 5 (671 Views)

Hello Bebu,

What version of NNMi are you using? Using a V9.22 system, I uploaded the

ibmConvergedPowerSystems.mib MIB after obtaining it from the url you specified and when I tried to load it, I received the following error:

Could not load [IBM-CPS-MIB] MIB Module(s) from file user-snmp-mibs/ibmConvergedPowerSystems.mib at 11:56:55 AM: Failed to load MIB modules from [/var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/user-snmp-mibs/ibmConvergedPowerSystems.mib]: Problems were reported during parsing, unable to load requested MIBs.

ERROR : Cannot find module

file:///var/opt/OV/shared/nnm/user-snmp-mibs/ibmConvergedPowerSystems.mib:Line14:Column 22:RFC1215

Please confirm prerequisite MIB files.

This is different than the V1/V2 message you report. Upon inspection of the MIB, I found the following section:

IMPORTS

enterprises

FROM RFC1155-SMI

TRAP-TYPE

FROM RFC1215

DisplayString

FROM RFC1213-MIB;

Checking loaded MIBS, I found that the RFC1215 MIB is actually "RFC-1215". After changing "FROM RFC1215" to "FROM RFC-1215", I was able to load the MIB without error. Once that completed, I loaded the traps:

#nnmincidentcfg.ovpl -loadTraps IBM-CPS-MIB

SNMP trap(s) from mib module loaded: IBM-CPS-MIB.

Number of traps: 1.

The following traps were added to incident configuration:

problemTrap - .1.3.6.1.4.1.2.6.201.0.3

Please try the above edit and see if that allows you to load the MIB then update this discussion to indicate whether it has worked or not. If not, please provide version details for NNMi and I will try to replicate your issue in the lab.

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution, If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.
Valued Contributor
bebu
Message 5 of 5 (656 Views)

Hi,

Thanks a  lot team! It works when i rename the RFC on the MIB.

Good Finding. Thank you so much!

Regards,

Bebu

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.