Error message when loading Cisco mib (239 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Message 1 of 3 (239 Views)

Error message when loading Cisco mib

When I try to load a Cisco MIB into NNMi v8.13 p8 I'm getting a message "error defining object 'ciscoVtpMIB: Parent 'ciscoMgmt' not defined.  Load the MIB that defines 'ciscoMgmt' before loading this MIB.'

There's a few postings on the forum about this message and I know that the fix is to find the MIB that defines 'ciscoMgmt' and load it.  However the MIB that defines ciscoMgmt is CISCO-SMI.my which is already loaded on my server.  I also get the same error when I try to load CISCO-SMI.my, as opposed to a message saying the MIB is already loaded which makes me wonder if it's a spurious message.  Also, despite getting the error message, the MIB I was trying to load (CISCO-STACKWISE-MIB.my) does seem to load because it shows when I list the installed MIBs.

I just wondered if anyone else has come across this and if it's a known bug?

Esteemed Contributor
Message 2 of 3 (195 Views)

Re: Error message when loading Cisco mib

9i is able to upload the files properly. I used the MIBs from OIDView

HTH
Occasional Advisor
Message 3 of 3 (191 Views)

Re: Error message when loading Cisco mib

Thanks.  We probably won't be moving to v 9.0 before the end of this year.  It's not particularly causing me a problem, I just wondered if it was a known bug.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.