Email Notification for Traps. (1949 Views)
Frequent Advisor
Message 26 of 34 (503 Views)

Re: Email Notification for Traps.

Hello Dears All,

Thanks for your reply on my post,  I do the below steps please review with it for me maybe I missed something so you can help me if any step I missed nodedown email.

I do the following steps and no email still waiting your supports on my issue to create email notifications for Node Down:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step A:- C:\blat\blat.exe -install mail.mov.mov.om alerts@mov.mov.om 25

alerts@mov.mov.om is the place where i have to get the emails if this is not the right command or way please advice me.

Step 1: Copy the above script into a notepad and modify with your own information and save it as a Perl file in the directory

below: (I fixed from text to ovpl file it is done)

D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl

Step 2: Goto Configuration Workspace -> Incident configuration -> Management Events -> Open Node Down event -> Select Actions Tab

Step 3: Click New under Life Cycle Transition workspace

Step 4: A. Select Lifecycle State as Registered
              B. Select command type as ScriptorExecutable if using Perl
              C. In the command tab give nodedown.ovpl $name, $severity, $snn, $sln, $lot, $mga,    $sourceObjectName    (((it's the beginning of the line Nodedown.ovpl I use (((‘))) we have to keep it or remove it from start and also at the end.

Step 5: Save the configuration
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: I select the Enabled option in the Actions Tab and the Enabled option under the Basics configuration once you open the event.

Please help me out of this issue I am very new for version 9 i and please start from step one.

Thanks
Regards

Frequent Advisor
Message 27 of 34 (456 Views)

Hello,

Any one who can help me in how to send email notification for traps.

Thanks an advance.

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 28 of 34 (447 Views)

People have tried helping, but it seems that you are lacking some basic Windows/Linux administrative knowledge.

People here are looking to help those who have issues with HP NNMi. This is not really the best forum for learning the basics of editing and running scripts.

Maybe talk to some of your colleagues about running scripts on Windows or Linux systems?
CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Respected Contributor
mostafa_hassan
Message 29 of 34 (428 Views)

please edit command on the action with the following and try and let me know the  result if it's working or not

C:\blat\blat.exe D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl

thnx

All the best .
Saying Thanks by hitting Kudos :)

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
HP AIS NNM-NA-OO
CCNA-CCNP-ITIL-VCA-Cloud-VCA DataCenter
Frequent Advisor
Message 30 of 34 (405 Views)

Dear,

Can you help me in one point, about the address of nodedown.ovpl file means how to define the path in action tab from nnm i side and also from cmd side?

Note: The test mails are ok i tested the scrip from cmd.

Thanks and waiting for your reply.

Respected Contributor
mostafa_hassan
Message 31 of 34 (390 Views)

You need to put the full path where the Script located , and before it u need to put the path from where u run blat.exe 

for example if you have blat.exe in this path C:\blat\blat.exe put it before the script bath ,

if you saved the script in that path  D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl

so put in the command in the NNM the full command as following

C:\blat\blat.exe D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl

thnx

All the best .
Saying Thanks by hitting Kudos :)

Regards
Mostafa Hassan
HP AIS NNM-NA-OO
CCNA-CCNP-ITIL-VCA-Cloud-VCA DataCenter
Frequent Advisor
Message 32 of 34 (320 Views)

Email Notification for Traps.

Dear all, Thanks u for all for quick reponse.
When I tested the script manually i am getting theemail notificaiton from two ways:
1. from blat.exe
2. from perl of HP NNM in path HP/HP BTO Software/nonOV/perl/a/bin/perl

I would like to know where i am making mistake in the command line in events>actions>script command

I used:

1.C:\blat\blat.exe D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl

2. ‘nodedown.ovpl $name, $severity, $snn, $sln, $lot, $mga, $sourceObjectName’

I am making mistake with the syntax of these commands above.. I even restarted the services of NNM.

Please let me know if i am missing anything..

Note: Please Chk the attachment i add screenshots from nnm i side.

Kudos to right response.....

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 33 of 34 (313 Views)

Firstly, please stop spamming the forum. Don't keep posting the same thing, over and over again. If you need quick answers, log a support case.

Secondly, why are you trying to use "C:\blat\blat.exe D:\ProgramData\HP\HP BTO Software\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl" ? Why are you passing a perl script as an argument to blat? 

Thirdly, why are you trying to configure an action of "%NnmDataDir%\shared\nnm\actions\nodedown.ovpl" ? Just put your script in the %NnmDataDir%\shared\nnm\actions directory - NNMi will look there for the command. You would just then put "nodedown.ovpl" , along with the parameters you want. You will need to pass it parameters.

Fourthly, which stage of the lifecycle do you want to execute this for? You seem to be trying something for all lifecycle stages - is that really what you want?

Go back to the URL you got in one of the first replies - http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM793321

Read that link. Read it again. Go through the actions it tells you to do. Step through it one at a time. It is not complicated, but you will need to do some thinking yourself, and you will need to edit the script. It's not hard to do. If you can't edit a simple script yourself, ask one of the system administrators at your company for help.

If it's not working, try looking at the log files that that support document tells you to look in.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Frequent Advisor
Message 34 of 34 (278 Views)

Dear,

Thanks for your support.

I got the Solution.

Thanks

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.