Re: Does NNMi cache DNS info (379 Views)
Advisor
imkimmy
Message 1 of 2 (389 Views)
Accepted Solution

Does NNMi cache DNS info

Hello.  I am on NNMi 9.10 on Windows 200r2.  I use a seed file for my devices and use a DNS server.  I'm wondering if NNMi has a cache somewhere in it which keeps old DNS information.  For example; I change the IP of a device in the DNS file and delete the object from the db, and load the seed (after deleting the old seed entry as well).  I'm getting a "DNS error" when trying to create the new object.  If I wait until the next day, and create the seed entry then, NNMi will create the node just fine. 

So I'm wondering if that old DNS info is retained somewhere in the app, if so, does anyone know how to clear it out?

Thanks!

n/a
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 2 of 2 (379 Views)

Re: Does NNMi cache DNS info

Hello Imkimmy

How are you doing, I hope everything on your end is going well.You can clear your NNM-i DNS cache looking by following these steps:

Acces this URL  using your NNM Fully Domain Name.

1-http://<NNMhostname>/jmx-console/HtmlAdaptor?action=inspectMBean&name=com.hp.nms.dnsejb%3Ambean%3DDNSSupport

2-This will you request your system  user and pass.

3- Find the method called  "Clear all caches" and  clear the  NNM DNS cache .

DNS2.JPG

Hope this information was helpful!

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution and click KUDOS buton .

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.