Re: Discovery based on SNMP only (220 Views)
Occasional Advisor
tagrawal
Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)
Accepted Solution

Discovery based on SNMP only

Hi,

Is it possible that NNMi 9.10 discover only that devices which are communicationg with NNM using SNMP only.

I want to enable Auto discovery which shouldn't discover devices which is giving only ICMP response.

I have already provided community strings in 'Communication Configuration form'.

Is there anything else which i have to do before enable autodiscovery using ip range??

Thanks,

Tarun

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 2 of 4 (257 Views)

Re: Discovery based on SNMP only

Just make sure you have the "Discover Non-SNMP Devices" Un-checked, and it should only find SNMP devices.

Also, check the "Discover Any SNMP Device", and it will use the community strings listed in the communication form to discover ANY SNMP device. Un-Check this box and it will only discover Routers and Switches (Limits discovery).

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
tagrawal
Message 3 of 4 (238 Views)

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply.

But where i get these option to check or uncheck.

Because in Communication Configuration page i am unable to found these option.

Regards,

Tarun

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
David Campeau
Message 4 of 4 (220 Views)

Hello tagrawal,

This option should be under Configuration > Discovery Configuration > Auto-Discovery Rules *TAB* > click new Auto-Discovery Rule. The form that pops-up should have the options you're looking for on the lower left and quadrant.

David

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation