Data was shown since mibbrowser started (325 Views)
Advisor
kazlev
Message 1 of 6 (325 Views)

Data was shown since mibbrowser started

I have problem with mib broser: Sometimes (especially for 1 inteface) when I start mib browser it shows me data which are collected after it was started (no archive data).

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 2 of 6 (294 Views)

Re: Data was shown since mibbrowser started

The MIB browser does real-time polling of OIDs - it doesn't keep any historical data.

CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Advisor
kazlev
Message 3 of 6 (269 Views)

?

Usually, I can see graph like in attachment. It includes historical data.

But sometimes grapher shows only real-time data (breake "loading data" phase and display window) and my client reported me it.

Is it a bug, application failure, or wrong configuration?

Honored Contributor
LindsayHill
Message 4 of 6 (248 Views)

Looks like you're still using NNM 7.x, right?

I'm afraid you're on your own with that one! Many years since I've used anything from that code base.
CCIE 36708 | @northlandboy | lkhill.com
Honored Contributor
dieter boschung
Message 5 of 6 (236 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Kazlev

The xnmgraph is a graphing utility which can graph live SNMP data collected by snmpCollect (real-time data) and historical data (archived data).

In order to view historical data you must ensure you have a collection setup for that metric you wish to graph. It seems as you don't have this collection setup, thus, when opening the graph, you get presented with the real-time data.

To setup the collection you need to either configure this via xnmcollect or the NNM data reporting tool.

Please note that NNM 7.xx (NNM classic) is no longer supported by HP. You may find some valuable documentation nuggets in HP Software Support Portal (http://support.openview.hp.com ). The NNM classic contents is still available.

Kind regards,

Dieter

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Advisor
kazlev
Message 6 of 6 (207 Views)

Hello again.
I have configuret colletion, but sometimes when I opened grapher I cant see it.
I have observed that, this problem appears when console of NNM didn`t loaded completely (process of loading is cancelled from any reasons).
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.