Custom Poller : Track a node group for Interfaces DiscardsOut (245 Views)
Advisor
HHirt
Message 1 of 4 (245 Views)
Accepted Solution

Custom Poller : Track a node group for Interfaces DiscardsOut

Dear all,

I used the built-in MIB Expression ifOutDiscards (com.hp.nms.mibexpr.ifoutdiscards) based on the RFC1213 to poll automatically a node group and track down if some interfaces are generating discards.

OID : .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.19

When  I use the expression against a node via Action > Graph MIB Expression, I can successfully see some interfaces generating discards (Screenshot2241.jpg)

I created then a custome poller collection and define some tresholds in it (see attachment Screenshot2247.jpg).

Finally I created a customer poller policy (see attachment Screenshot2248.jpg)

When I launch the collection of data I get always the same error (Screenshot2250.jpg)

Using the MIB Browser I can successfully interrogate these values (Screenshot2261.jpg)

I don't get why this is not working, maybe I did a mistake in the custom poller configuration...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... :-)

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
wrs_hp
Message 2 of 4 (207 Views)

Re: Custom Poller : Track a node group for Interfaces DiscardsOut

Hello, I assume you defined a filter for the collection.
If you did, you probably used a counter. A counter is not valid for filtering . It would make more sense to filter on a configured value. Changing the filter variable to something that does not have a COUNTER in the MIB should work....
Hope this helps
HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
HHirt
Message 3 of 4 (190 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your message, I'm not sure to get your point...

When I try to change the filter on a higher MIB it doesn't accept, buzt maybe if you can post quickly a screenshot that could help me to get your point :-)

thank you

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
dieter boschung
Message 4 of 4 (185 Views)

Hi

The "mib filter variable" should be something like the "ifIndex" if you want to collect interface metrix and filter on a given set of interfaces.

Assume you want to collect on interfaces on the index 1-10; then you would define the "mib filter variable" to be "ifIndex" and the "mib filter" value to be "1-10".

If you need to filter using a different criteria such as ifName or ifAlias etc, then you would use that as filter value and then use string (pattern matching) to define the filter values.

Regards

Dieter

HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation