Can't Access Report Menu Through NNMi (458 Views)
Advisor
crwood1
Message 1 of 9 (458 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can't Access Report Menu Through NNMi

I attempt to access the Report Menu through the Action button at the top, and it loads iSPI Report Menu, and shows the Status saying ERROR: Auth. Issue!  

The server Admin, that handles the Windows 2003 Servers that NNMi 9.1 and iSPI resides on, can access the Report Menu no problem.  

I hightlight over the error and it says: There is authentication issue betweem NNM and your NPS server. Check you used the FQDN when launching NNM and that cookies are enabled.

Cookies are enabled. I'm not sure what FQDN is. There shouldn't be any issues between NNM and NPS because the server admin can access it through NNMi using his login.

Any thoughts on what could be causing my login to fail when attempting to access the Report Menu?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 2 of 9 (453 Views)

Re: Can't Access Report Menu Through NNMi

Hello crwood

1-Acces the NNMi using the  fully qualified domain name  in the url browser.

a-You can check which  is the FQDN 

Driver:\Program Files (x86)\HP\HP BTO Software\bin\nnmofficialfqdn.ovpl

3-I read that your NNMI is 9.10 on windows 2003 ,I would like to suggest to move to 2008 since is the platform supported.

Please check the supported OS->http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1097961

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
crwood1
Message 3 of 9 (451 Views)

I accessed it typing in the domain name. It asked me for my username/password and that works. So it just isn't working when attemping to access it through NNM.

Thanks for the info.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
fariassolis
Message 4 of 9 (445 Views)

[ Edited ]

1-Did  you acces the FQDN of the NNMi server not the Domain name ?

2- Delete the cookies and the cache and try to acces the NNMi using the FQDM.

Please let me know the results.

HP Support

The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution,If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
crwood1
Message 5 of 9 (404 Views)

I just punched in the name of the server and the port used to access the reporting menu, and it brought me to login screen where I can then log into the Reporting Menu without issue. Then if I attempt to access the reporting menu from NNMi it now also works.

However, if I clear cookies and history, I can no longer access the Reporting Menu through NNMi. It starts giving me the auth issue again. Unless I type in the server info and go to the login screen for the reporting menu and then I can start logging in through NNMi again.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
SergeyPankratov
Message 6 of 9 (393 Views)

Hello,

If your browser uses proxy try to exclude the NNMi domain from the proxy (Internet Options, Connections, Lan Settings for IE) to allow NNMi/Browser to redirect without proxy. Assuming cookies are enabled try to override automatic cookie handling in Internet Options, Privacy, Advanced (for Internet Explorer). IE needs to be restarted. Make sure pop-ups are allowed for NNMi domain. The problem seems to be related you your Browser settings.

Sergey Pankratov
HP Support

If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember
to give them a KUDOS and show your appreciation
Please use plain text.
Advisor
crwood1
Message 7 of 9 (389 Views)

We do have a proxy setup for the network. However, I'm using Firefox, not sure which options I hsould adjust in there?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
aparsiD
Message 8 of 9 (268 Views)

Am also facing same kind of problem..when am trying to see report from NNM, the iSPI performance interface is coming with a different window, but some authentication issue is showing and a note is coming "No token security"..

Can anyone give me any idea about the issue ?

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Esh
Message 9 of 9 (228 Views)

Hi All,

even I am also facing the "No security token issue". I tried to login using FQDN name. but NNM console itself isn't opening .

host file entry is available and checked the nnmofficialfqdn.ovpl. both are perffect. but still the issue is there.

please assist.

Thanks,
Easwar
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation