NA 9.0: OS analysis fails on Cisco 3550 running IOS <12.1(20)EA1 (358 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Terje Hilanmo
Message 1 of 3 (358 Views)

NA 9.0: OS analysis fails on Cisco 3550 running IOS <12.1(20)EA1

Hi all,

I am trying to upgrade IOS on a number of Cisco IOS devices through NA, but I'm not allowed because the OS analysis task hasn't been run. When I try to run that task, it fails with the following message:
"Error contacting device. SNMP may have timed out to the device or the credentials may be incorrect. Increase the SNMP timeout in the Admin Settings (Administrative Settings->Server->Software Image Management->SNMP Timeout) and/or check the SNMP credentials for the device."

The SNMP credentials have been confirmed, and the timeout setting is far greater than the time NA spends on completing the task and outputting the error message. The device also responds to SNMP queries when discovering the device, and snapshots are succcessful.

The problem occurs when trying to access devices running IOS 12.1(14)EA1a and older, but not on IOS 12.1(20)EA1 and newer.

Anyone else out there with a similar problem and - hopefully - a solution, or could this be a bug in the driver?
Occasional Advisor
Joe Vianale_1
Message 2 of 3 (301 Views)

Re: NA 9.0: OS analysis fails on Cisco 3550 running IOS <12.1(20)EA1

Any resolution to this?  I am seeing the samething on some Cisco devices

Advisor
NA_Help
Message 3 of 3 (278 Views)

Re: NA 9.0: OS analysis fails on Cisco 3550 running IOS <12.1(20)EA1

There's more to the 'Update Device Software' task than that.  What has not been said was whether the NA server is explicitly declared within the ACL of the target device.  Also, what is the SysOID of the target device?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.