Re: How do I add users to a partition? (147 Views)
Frequent Advisor
NAnoob
Message 1 of 2 (161 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I add users to a partition?

Applogize as I am very new to NA.  Running version 9.22 and trying to understand partitions.  I want to restrict some users to only see thie devices, tasks, templates..etc   The userguide states that partitions is the way to do this but I am missing something.

I created a partition and can add devices to it but I don't see how to associate the users.  I selected the partition in "site" field under user information, however when I log in as that user I can see all the devices in the inventory.

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
JFerong
Message 2 of 2 (147 Views)

Re: How do I add users to a partition?

Hi;

Let me describe this by example.  I'll show you what I did and my hope is that it will help you get going with your partitions;

I created a partition called "HP Device Partition".

Then I created a User Role (Admin -> User roles & Permissions -> click on "New User Role" at the top right).

This User Role was named "test partition user role" and I selected in the "View" selections "Site" and "HP Device Partion".

Then I created a User Group (Admin -> User Groups -> click on "New User Group" at the top right).

This User Group was named "vew test partition group" and I selected "test partition user role" in the "View Partitions Permissions" section towards the bottom of the page. 

Then, in the Users section directly below, I select user "test1" to be in the group. 

Now, if you look at the user  you assigned to the group  (Admin -> Users -> Click on user "UserName") you will see that this user is only associated with Group "vew test partition group".   

You can manage some of the permissions simply by picking the groups that you allow the user to be in.

Look through the User Role that you created and you can limit the user in other areas as well.

I hope that this answers your question.

Joe

Online outReach Resource
HP Support

The views and opinions expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP

If you find that this or any other post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.
If you are satisfied with anyone’s response please remember to give them a KUDOS by clicking on the STAR at the bottom left of the post and show your appreciation.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation