10-16-2012 01:42 AM
what are the audit trail available for hpna ? if so how to configure dem.... and where can v see the output. I HAVE CONFIGURED SYSLOG TASK FOR DEVICE..SO WHERE CAN I SEE THE OUPUT...WHAT IS SYSLOG ACTIVITY? EXPLAIN BRIEF PLEASE...
thanks IN ADVANCE
10-16-2012 02:11 AM
In order to see the Syslog Messages coming to NA server from the devices, you need to go to Admin - Troubleshooting and set on trace the following logs: Device/Syslog, External/Syslog, Feature/Changedetection.
Restart NA Truecontrol Service, and check the log: %NA-HOME%/server/log/syslog_wrapper.log for any Received Syslog Content.
Also to check the Change Detection feature, make a change on a device, and then check in NA Device - View - Device Tasks the triggered Snapshot Task from the Syslog Message coming from the device.
Please let me know if there is extra information needed.
10-16-2012 04:08 AM
thank you so much ...
please let me know what can i do for audit trail .if suppose a person make changes 2 the device how can v **bleep** knw...there s any audit features in hpna...
finally what are basic credential,access method and connection to get a device into application ...
thanks in advance....
:) :) :)
10-19-2012 02:33 AM
Please note that there are several ways to have a report on Device Configuration Changes:
1) Add a new Event Notification & Response Rule when a Device Configuration Change event occurs, and you will get a prompt email, or can select a digest daily/weekly email.
2) Use a User & System Reports on All changes made in the last X hours.
Regarding the other questions:
1) Device Connection Methods: SNMP / RLogin / Telnet / SSH
2) Transfer Protocols: SCP / SFTP / FTP / TFTP
3) Device credentials used for NA managed devices, need to include enable passwords priviledge 15.
Let us know if this helps.
10-19-2012 02:43 AM
thank you so much.....if
dats grt of you ....please help me with backup and restore....
how 2 do it...
if we do where can we find backup files...
thanks n advance :)
10-19-2012 03:08 AM
If this last question reffers to the other topic you raised, please note that I replyed that one too here: