AUDIT TRAIL AND CONFIGURE SYSLOG.. (337 Views)
Frequent Advisor
yogi0070
Message 1 of 6 (337 Views)

AUDIT TRAIL AND CONFIGURE SYSLOG..

hi everyone.

what are the audit trail available for hpna ? if so how to configure dem.... and where can v see the output. I HAVE CONFIGURED SYSLOG TASK FOR DEVICE..SO WHERE CAN I SEE THE OUPUT...WHAT IS SYSLOG ACTIVITY? EXPLAIN BRIEF PLEASE...

thanks IN ADVANCE

yogesh s

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
_paul
Message 2 of 6 (333 Views)

Re: AUDIT TRAIL AND CONFIGURE SYSLOG..

Hello Yogesh,

In order to see the Syslog Messages coming to NA server from the devices, you need to go to Admin - Troubleshooting and set on trace the following logs: Device/Syslog, External/Syslog, Feature/Changedetection.

Restart NA Truecontrol Service, and check the log: %NA-HOME%/server/log/syslog_wrapper.log for any Received Syslog Content.

Also to check the Change Detection feature, make a change on a device, and then check in NA Device - View - Device Tasks the triggered Snapshot Task from the Syslog Message coming from the device. 

Please let me know if there is extra information needed.

Best regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
yogi0070
Message 3 of 6 (324 Views)

hey hi..

thank you so much ...

please let me know what can i do for audit trail .if suppose a person make changes 2 the device how can v **bleep** knw...there s any audit features in hpna...

finally what are basic credential,access method and connection to get a device into application ...

thanks in advance....

:) :) :)

Please use plain text.
HP Expert
_paul
Message 4 of 6 (304 Views)

Hi Yogesh,

Please note that there are several ways to have a report on Device Configuration Changes:

1) Add a new Event Notification & Response Rule when a Device Configuration Change event occurs, and you will get a prompt email, or can select a digest daily/weekly email.

2) Use a User & System Reports on All changes made in the last X hours.

Regarding the other questions:

1) Device Connection Methods: SNMP / RLogin / Telnet / SSH

2) Transfer Protocols: SCP / SFTP / FTP / TFTP 

3) Device credentials used for NA managed devices, need to include enable passwords priviledge 15.

Let us know if this helps.

Best regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
yogi0070
Message 5 of 6 (302 Views)

hi paul,
thank you so much.....if
dats grt of you ....please help me with backup and restore....
how 2 do it...
if we do where can we find backup files...

thanks n advance :)
Please use plain text.
HP Expert
_paul
Message 6 of 6 (298 Views)

Hey,

If this last question reffers to the other topic you raised, please note that I replyed that one too here: 

http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Network-Automation-Support-and/backup-and-restore-config/td-p/5838619

Regards,

Paul

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation