Re: EX490 Recovery Disc (308 Views)
Advisor
TomHayesMP
Message 26 of 33 (515 Views)

Re: EX490 Recovery Disc

Can you see your server on your network? How is your server and your Pc's for that matter getting their IP addresses? Fixed or DHCP?

Assuming everything is plugged into an ethernet router log on to the router to see if you see all your devices.

Tom

Occasional Advisor
VoicesFYC
Message 27 of 33 (510 Views)

MR G.

scroll up and read my post after walter and READ it Carefully...it will give you a CLUE on how to get yer server started and Seen....mine was a PITA as well...but after fiddling with it and harrassing TOM and JEFF....i got it to work..so DO NOT Give UP easily...HP are always a PAIN :)   but it WILL work...unless there is a Hardware issue...and i'm betting you don't have that Issue :)

these 2 guys are THE BEST...and i'm a tech...so yer in good hands... just watch out for jeff...he smiles alot (not sure why)...LOL

Daniel.

VoicesFYC.

Visitor
g imhoff
Message 28 of 33 (497 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi Tom,

No, I cannot see the server on my network. The ethernet port on the back of the server is blinking as if there is activity there but when I log into my router (running Tomato using DCHP), it says there is nothing connected to that physical port.

The PC (Windows 7) is using an auto IP, not static. If it's relevant, I log into my router using 192.168.1.x.  Is it possible the previous ownder perhaps set up  the server with a different subnet?

I"ve tried resetting the router but no luck. Still solid read health port.

Thanks for your reply as well Daniel. I'm hoping to avoid the full reinstall if possible but will keep your post in mind if I have to go that route.

Thanks.

Visitor
g imhoff
Message 29 of 33 (486 Views)

Well this is embarrassing. Followed the directions to reinstall OS, which ultimately  failed because there is no drive in the unit! Seller told me 1tb drive was intact but I didn't check and now see all four bays are empty. **bleep**.

Occasional Advisor
VoicesFYC
Message 30 of 33 (481 Views)

well hell...thats easy to fix :)

try this at Newegg

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148912&nm_mc=EMC-IGNEFL022014&cm_mmc=EMC-IG...

have fun :)

Good Luck.

Daniel.

VoicesFYC.

Occasional Visitor
ste1980
Message 31 of 33 (393 Views)

hi tom i know this is cheeky but do u still have ur cds and your ex490 if so could you please do me a copy i dont mind paying plz let me know asap ty 

Occasional Visitor
le_pinceau
Message 32 of 33 (309 Views)

Do you know whether the server recovery disk will work with a EX470 as well?  Seems I have all the disks except for the server recovery disk.. thanks

Advisor
TomHayesMP
Message 33 of 33 (308 Views)

Hi,

I have no idea if the recovery disc will work with an EX470. If I were you, I'd just try it and see. The process should be the same. I'm sorry I cannot be more difinitive than that.

Tom

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.