Restore Windows Server 2003 (90 Views)
Regular Advisor
Yanick Quirion
Message 1 of 4 (90 Views)

Restore Windows Server 2003

Dear all,

Today I test the disaster recovery of a Windows Server 2003. I have a good complete backup of the system hard drives and configuration.

After reading the section "Assisted Manual Disaster Recovery of a Windows System" I perform all steps sercribed into this section and the restore went fine until I reboot the server and got a blue screen on death with a message saying the system has softdown to prevent damage to hardware. After the dump file was created, the server reboot itself and now this time I got a corrupt file under windows installation folder.

I would like to know if this is possible to restore an entire windows system sucessfully with Data Protector 6.0. This time, this is only a testing feature, but I want this works if this happen for real. I already restore a windows system, but it was with Backup Exec. It was a long but sucess process. Hope Data Protector can do the same.

Thank you and best regards,
Yanick
Honored Contributor
kris rombauts
Message 2 of 4 (90 Views)

Re: Restore Windows Server 2003

Yanick,

since this question is specific to the backup application, pls post this question in the ITRC forum under :

Management software and system tools
OV Omniback/Data Protector

Kris
Regular Advisor
Yanick Quirion
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)

Oups I'm sorry I choosed the wrong forum..

Sorry about that.
Yanick
Regular Advisor
Yanick Quirion
Message 4 of 4 (90 Views)

Wrong forum.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.