Re: NetServer 5/100 LH (950 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1182458
Message 1 of 2 (1,014 Views)

NetServer 5/100 LH

When I startup my system it seems to be in a loop. I gets to the Window 2000 startup screen, but the progress bar stops half way. Whenever I interrupt by pressing 'F' keys, I receives a 'Stop Error' 0x0000007B Inaccessible_Boot_Device, which indicates to: "Check viruses on your computer and to check the hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer." I have tried to start the system in 'Safe Mode' w/ & w/o command prompt, plus Last Known good; Also I can't run 'Setup' to try and configure hard drive nor can I run CHKDSK. This is a RAID Server. Please tell me how to get beyond this point so I may retrieve the data...thanks.
HP Pro
HP Pro
Ali
Message 2 of 2 (950 Views)

Re: NetServer 5/100 LH

Hi There,

looks like a problem with MBR.

boot the server from DOS floppy with Fdisk utility and Run Fdisk/Mbr to fix the issue.

check this article for more information :

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=120&prodSeriesId=...

Hope the information provided is helpful. Click the Kudos Star! to recognise the same.
ITRC Style Sitemap.

thanks,

Aftab

I work for HP
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.