4 Digit Dialing “No IP Resources” (152 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Jay53
Message 1 of 2 (152 Views)

4 Digit Dialing “No IP Resources”

I have 3 NBX Systems. 1 at a home office, and 1 at each of my 2 branch offices, both of which have a direct connection to the home office. All running R6.0.14

I can 4 digit dial to and from  branch A to the home office with no problems.

Office B is a different story. 4 Digit dialing from Home office to Branch B works, but it instantly goes to the users voicemail. And the "straight to voicemail" button is NOT on..

4 digit dialing FROM the branch B, TO the home office gives a "no IP resources" error on the phone.

I should note that the second office is a new addition that has just been set up for the first time. so this isnt a case of something that was working before and recently broke. Any ideas?

I looked in the dial plan of the main site and found entries for Branch A, and just made an addtl entry for office B, just changing the 2 digit extension prefix and the IP to the NBX, plus a couple of other minor changes, and that gave me the ability to dial, but as i said before, it goes straight to voicemail.

I looked in the dial plan for both remote sites and made similar changes in Branch B using the working NBX as a reference, but that got me nowhere. What should i be looking for here? When i run the "QUERY REMOTE" in Virtual Connections>Virtual Tie Lines between Home office and Branch B it is successful both ways.

I am certainly willing to post up any logs, just let me know. Thanks in advance!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jay53
Message 2 of 2 (126 Views)

Re: 4 Digit Dialing “No IP Resources”

Solved it folks. Here is the article that helped me.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02601851

I already had the license, and IP protocol set to "IP on the Fly". The only thing i had to do was go to System Wide Settings> IP settings> IP address Ranges> and add an IP range (14 Ip addresses is what i included in my range) and saved it. didnt even have to reboot. it worked both to and from both buildings. Hope this helps someone else.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation