Re: m3027 Double Sided Scanning Jams (355 Views)
Occasional Visitor
SeattleStephens
Message 1 of 7 (418 Views)

m3027 Double Sided Scanning Jams

[ Edited ]

I'm having a feeder problem when scanning 2 sided documents.  There is no problem if I scan documents single sided.  After it flips the page, the feeder for the second page can't seem to grab the paper and pull it through.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 7 (405 Views)

Re: m3027 Double Sided Scanning Jams

The rollers in the ADF must be slipping.  Either try to clean them off with the steps in the User Guide or swap out the ADF with a different one.  Might be worth it to open it up and make sure the paper path is cleared from obstructions too,

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Occasional Visitor
SeattleStephens
Message 3 of 7 (395 Views)

Thanks but the primary ADF mechamism is not involved in moving the paper for the 2nd page.

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 4 of 7 (382 Views)

Not sure I follow what you are talking about. 

There is a small duplexer built into the ADF for this model.  Paper flows from the normal ADF rollers into the duplexing rollers if that feature is desired for 2 sided scanning jobs.  However the entire unit is still considered the ADF and you can replace it as such when searching for parts online.

See the attached diagram from the 3027 Service Manual. 

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 5 of 7 (380 Views)

Also, if the device is jamming then there should be some sort of an error code that we can use to pinpoint the area in trouble.  Check your diagnostic logs and share with us any related error messages that are recorded.  Once we know the code it should be simple to isolate what needs your attention.

Occasional Visitor
SeattleStephens
Message 6 of 7 (373 Views)

Thanks, that makes sense.  I think it has to be the duplex-feed roller that I see in the service manual.  Looking at the paper path through the ADF this roller comes into play only when you scan in duplex mode which is the only time I have a problem. I've tried to reach in and clean that roller but it hasn't resolved the problem.  Looks like the error is 30.01.02

58 Oct-03-2013 07:00 AM, 10245, 30.01.02, 48.272.0, Jam in document feeder

HP Pro
Askme
Message 7 of 7 (355 Views)

If the jam happens for every page of duplex job, then there might be an obstacle in the paper path or an issue with ADF feed mechanism.

This issue will need close observation of the jam location & ADF operation.

I would also suggest you to load only 1 page in the ADF input tray and scan it with duplex option, check the results.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!

(Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.