Re: hp psc 2355xi (60 Views)
Occasional Visitor
stevemule
Message 1 of 2 (60 Views)

hp psc 2355xi

[ Edited ]

I have installed a new hp97 tri-color into the printer and printer display shows" Tri-color cartridge inserted now is not intended for use in this printer". I have tried multiple inks with the same outcome. I purchased the ink for Circuit city, so I would believe it is the correct ink. Any assistance would be appreciated.

P.S.This thread has been moved from Archived Printing Boards >Black and White to Multifunction and All-in-One- HP Forums Moderator

Super Advisor
Sven Buijsen
Message 2 of 2 (60 Views)

Re: hp psc 2355xi

Hey hello,

Your error message is kinda strange but i would suspect that your printer is regionalised. Probably the black cartridge which you have inserted now is from a different region, as is your printer.

HP has implemented different regions, America, Europ, Asia Pacific etc. etc. Your cartridge number 97 equals 343 here in Europe.

What you need to do is call HP Support, and they will guide you through printing a testpage, from the control panel from your printer and they will enter some values into the key generator to reset your printer. If though it seems that you have one cartridge in "mistake" that one will probably just be replaced else the cartridges which you would buy in a shop near you would not work. As your printer region needs to match the one from the local retailers.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.