cm2320 NF mfp Colors out of alignment (3360 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Russel Simpson
Message 1 of 7 (3,360 Views)

cm2320 NF mfp Colors out of alignment

The colors are out of alignment, see attachment, a scan of the Supplies status page. Any idea how to correct this?
Occasional Visitor
py00
Message 2 of 7 (3,360 Views)

Re: cm2320 NF mfp Colors out of alignment

It happened to me when I change the cartridges for the very first time !!!

Has you find a solution to this problem?

Thanks!

Paul Yee
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 7 (3,360 Views)

Your image shows the colours are not only out in the process direction but also the scan direction, you can try calibrate now option which should be in the print quality menu, this may need to be run several times to get a good average.
I notice one cartidge is not far from being empty, the yellow one does not appear HP origial as it's not reporting consumable status so I would be careful not to do too much until your confident the cartridges are good.

Normally if your image is out in the scan direction (left to right), yours are out towards the right this would suggest the laser scanners are not located correctly and need to be re-seated.
The process direction (the up/down error) is normally corrected by the calibrate now option.
If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Occasional Visitor
py00
Message 4 of 7 (3,360 Views)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the tip.
I have all new cartridges and I must have re-calibrated at least 10 times.

And sadly, the colors are still misaligned.

Do you know if there is a way to align the colors manually?

Thanks!

Paul
Occasional Visitor
Michele Hales
Message 5 of 7 (3,360 Views)

I have the exact same problem. Have you been able to resolve it? If so, how?

THanks,
Occasional Visitor
Mavi
Message 6 of 7 (3,360 Views)

Hi,

If you have this issue (colors nto aligned correctly) print the configuration page and check the eventlog for codes who look like 54.XX.YY.

If this is the issue you should contact HP, this code means the scanner is making the defect.
If these codes do not appear you can calibrate the unit (trough the menu) or try other cartridges if the issue remains after calibration.
Occasional Visitor
Nathan Skoglund_2
Message 7 of 7 (3,360 Views)

I also have a yellow and magenta printing about 1/8th of an inch to the left of where they are supposed to be. Gives a very nasty picture image, simple ghosting on text.
My printer barely has 4000 pages out of it in total...less than the cartridges rated (though two have been replaced) capacity.

The black is genuine newer replaced cartridge.
The Magenta generic...and printing off.
The Cyan is original.
The Yellow is original...and printing off.

The toner has read zero in the cyan and yellow for several hundred pages...obviously a nice HP ploy to sell more cartridges because there is plenty in there still. I know 'low' volume of toner cannot make it print offset from where it is supposed to. Anybody have ideas that don't involve hammers on an almost new machine?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.