Windows Vista with Officejet 6310 issue installing and networking with the HP solution center (32 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Presley Rodricks
Message 1 of 3 (32 Views)

Windows Vista with Officejet 6310 issue installing and networking with the HP solution center

I have an officejet all in one 6310 that is connected directly to a router and I connect my laptop wirelessly to the officejet. I have Windows Vista and have no problems printing although I have to frequently add the printer and delete the old printer. I just tried using the scanner but it wouldnt work. MY original printer does not have Windows Vista, only XP and 2000. I downloaded the all in solution from hp but first it wouldnt seem to install correctly and then it finally did, but it couldnt find the printer. Now it the solution center does not open at all. I've reconfigured Windows firewall and Mcaffee firewall by using one of the directions on the site. This realy should be as easy as installing the driver. Pls advise.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (32 Views)

Re: Windows Vista with Officejet 6310 issue installing and networking with the HP solution center

Presley,

Have you tried the Network Diagnostic Utility?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=2093&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us〈=en&product=1119598

The first thing I would do is uninstall and reinstall the software. Use the technique of this user as he appeared to have luck with a similar problem:
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1409324

After you reinstall then reapply the Network enhancement and critical communication updates.

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!
(points appreciated)

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Presley Rodricks
Message 3 of 3 (32 Views)

Re: Windows Vista with Officejet 6310 issue installing and networking with the HP solution center

I'll try the utility as you advised but I did try uninstalling all HP software and reinstalling it, chatted online with a tech who told me to follow the an online solutions for" No HP devices have been detected' Message Displays on the Computer in Windows Vista" and after carrying out all the steps, hp solution center still didnt work. I did get a workaround to scanning directly from the online ip location of my printer
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation