Windows 7 scan drivers for LaserJet 3055 (104593 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MHump
Message 1 of 28 (104,593 Views)

Windows 7 scan drivers for LaserJet 3055

I recently upgraded my PC to the Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I have not been able to find a driver to operate my scanner feature.

Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 28 (103,867 Views)

Re: Windows 7 scan drivers for LaserJet 3055

Hi,
Check out this link,
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareIndex.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=1140780&...

Thanks.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Russlaw
Message 3 of 28 (103,778 Views)

Annie, I went to the link you provided and I could not find anywhere that it discussed scanning.  Everything seems to relate to printing.  Having read other threads about people having trouble scanning in Windows 7, I'm reluctant to switch from XP and disable a feature I use very often with my Laserjet 3020 and 3050 (not to mention manual duplexing, which seems to have disappeared in the Win 7 drivers.

I can't believe that HP, which was still selling this printer when Windows 7 was released, hasn't bothered to provide a full set of drivers for this MFP for Windows 7.  Has anyone found a solution to scanning (I don't even need to scan over the network, just over the printer USB cable) for Windows 7 and especially 64-bit Win7?

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Andy3
Message 4 of 28 (103,538 Views)

Install the HP softwarr in the XP mode in Win 7 64 bit. The scanner will work.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
chefgirlrdee
Message 5 of 28 (103,293 Views)

HP issued new drivers August 31, 2010 - has anyone found them to help with the scanner compatibility problem between the HP 3055 and Windows 7?  I still can't scan!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RHood
Message 6 of 28 (103,215 Views)

I have the same problem and just talked to HP tech support and they indicated they may never update this driver to make scanning possible.  I just bought a new HP computer only to discover I can't scan anymore - INSANE!  The 3055 All In One was still being produced just 2 years ago.  If I had known about this issue, I NEVER would have purchased an HP computer if their support is going to be this poor.  I can't imagine ever buying another HP product or recommending them if they can't resolve an issue as simple as a printer driver.  I know they can, it's just a matter of wanting to do it.  I feel like they are forcing me to buy another printer.  If that turns out to be the case, my money will not be going to HP.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tom53
Message 7 of 28 (101,173 Views)

Take Andy's advice - install in XP mode - I just did it...three minutes later was able to scan a document directly into Acrobat!

HP should still get a big fat "Fail" for not providing better support on this.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Gary van den Heuvel
Message 8 of 28 (100,492 Views)

OK, so I didn't have to install anything in Windows 7 Home Premioum 32 bit... the scanner driver was automatically recognized and installed. When I looked at the driver in Device Manager it says it was released by HP in 2006.

Anyway, the problem I was having was not with the driver, it was with the scanning software. I could not find any HP software on their website. I tried a few third party freeware scanners but all of them hung after half the page and I had to press the cancel button.

Finally I tried iCopy iCopy - Free Photocopier
And it worked. I installed a PDF printer like CutePDF and set it as the default printer for iCopy.
And I was away and scanning to PDF in no time.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Waltergo
Message 9 of 28 (95,941 Views)

I cannot get Win 7-64  Home Premium to recognize the scanner. Any ideas on which driver to download? I'm downloading the PCL6-X64 drivers from HP.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
LanceM
Message 10 of 28 (94,318 Views)

I was able to get the scan software to work on Windows 7 Pro 32bit and I have a 3055 unit connected via a network. I tried setting the compatiblity to XP in the  properties of the autorun file but that didn't work. Ultimately I tried using the Troubleshooting section of the control panel and selected the option that software wouldn't run in Windows 7. I had to manually select the autorun file and ended up selecting Vista as the operating system.  I had to skip the option to have the software check for updates because I kept getting an error any time that I tried doing that.  Low and behold the installation completed and I the scanning software works.  In the process of my trial and error I installed XP Mode and Virtual PC but I don't believe they had any effect on my ultimate success.

It's really a shame that HP can't provide some clear instructions on how to get this software to work on Windows 7. Clearly it works but it was quite difficult and time consuming figuring out how to get it to work.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Maizie
Message 11 of 28 (90,316 Views)

I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 and i cant even get the program disc to load let alone get the scanner to work. I contacted HP and that was a waste of time. How do i get the software to load? Can someone help me?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
wcwirla
Message 12 of 28 (89,958 Views)

I've had similar problems with both a PC running on Win7 and a Mac running OS 10.7.  According to HP customer service, old machines are not being supported in these operating systems.

By a phone conversation with a customer service rep, HP offered me 25% off on a new OfficeJet Pro 8500A to replace my now obsolete LaserJet 3055.  In other words, they'll give you 40 bucks or so for your inconvenience.

HP does not make this offer widely known.  You have to arrange it directly through their corporate sales office.  If you want to take advantage of it, you need to talk to Ron Pope (281) 645-6441.  His email is ron.pope@hp.com.  He's the man in charge of the "HP customer experience."

I'm sure he'd love to hear from you about your experiences.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ngrrox
Message 13 of 28 (87,176 Views)

To scan or fax, you can use the Windows faxing and scanning software.

See the instructions here:http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c02539136

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
BRUTUS2012
Message 14 of 28 (78,310 Views)

How do I install in windows XP Mode, please send me specific details

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
BRUTUS2012
Message 15 of 28 (78,310 Views)

how do I perform this task when I try my CD it does not allow me to Install because i have windows 7 64 bit operating system

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
BRUTUS2012
Message 16 of 28 (78,304 Views)

[ Edited ]

I would appreciate if you could provide me installation details on how you accomplished to load xp programing into windows 7 64

Please use plain text.
hcc
Occasional Visitor
hcc
Message 17 of 28 (57,016 Views)

Divers for window 7

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Chris_Sheridan
Message 18 of 28 (56,796 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is a terrible fall-down for HP and shows how they do not support the product.  I understand wanting to minimize cost, but I will PAY $20 FOR AN UPGRADE TO THE SOFTWARE FROM HP to support Windows 7 64 bit (and Windows 8 when it comes out).  This is rediculous - because of this policy of non-support by HP (not just for this but for all of their products), I will not buy HP again.

The software works well on 32 bit - I can scan to PDF which is great.  I will not buy HP again.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 19 of 28 (56,768 Views)

Chris,

Care to elaborate on what you are talking about?

The 3055 Scan driver comes preinstalled on Win7.  There is no need to pay anyone anything to use it.  Just follow the install instructions and let Win7 do the rest.  All you have to do is follow the Add a Printer wizard.

To scan on Win7 simply use any number of 3rd party scanning applications.  Just because HP doesnt offer thier own doesnt mean you are missing out on anything.  Microsoft gives you a free scanning application that will work just fine.  Adobe, paint and word can also talk directly to your scanner.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Phil Gilmer
Message 20 of 28 (51,949 Views)

You're probably thinking the 3055 is USB attached...? Looks like none of the multifunction works beyond printing in ethernet attached mode.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard51
Message 21 of 28 (46,062 Views)

LaserJet 3055 - just bought new desktop pc with Windows 7 64 bit.

Printer works terrific (on home network)

Cannot get anything to recognize the scanner function of the HP 3055

HP said it doesn't have softwarte available yet for 64 bit version of Windows 7.

Anybody figure this out yet???

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard51
Message 22 of 28 (46,061 Views)

Annie - did you ever figuree this out. I am having same problem. New desktop with Win 7 64 bit and I cannot get scanner working on the HP 3055
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Richard51
Message 23 of 28 (46,060 Views)

Brutus,

Did you ever get this to work?

LaserJet 3055 - just bought new desktop pc with Windows 7 64 bit.

Printer works terrific (on home network)

Cannot get anything to recognize the scanner function of the HP 3055

HP said it doesn't have softwarte available yet for 64 bit version of Windows 7

Richard 51

richard51@rochester.rr.com

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ceegh
Message 24 of 28 (40,102 Views)

ngrrox wrote:

To scan or fax, you can use the Windows faxing and scanning software.

See the instructions here:http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?&objectID=c02539136

It's all well and good to keep saying "use the Windows Fax and Scan" program, but the big key for most of us is how the heck one was able to get Windows 7 64-bit to recognize the 3055 as a fax resource on the network.

All instructions on HP's website have the miracle step of the device just being available when trying to use Windows Fax and Scan. Doesn't appear that anyone took the time to detail how to get the device there in the first place. But this really shouldn't surprise anyone who's worked with HP in the past. They are a giant hack organization that only exists because of weak minded people can't somehow embrace the idea of discovering how many other printer and PC companies exist besides HP.

So, key points to remember here before responding:

- LaserJet 3055

- Windows 7 64-bit

- Printer connected on network

If you have a solution that handles all of those, please detail in full so everyone can take a deep breath of relief.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
NitramReppat
Message 25 of 28 (22,174 Views)

I have a 3055.

I am running Windows 7 on a 32-bit PC

I have confirgured the drivers for the 3055 to XP compatability.

I can print, however

I CANNOT SCAN OUTPUT TO A PDF FILE.

Please dont tell me I can use microsoft solution, its rubbish - it does not output PDF.

Please dont tell me I have to obtain a 3rd party product.

Does anyone have a solution to scanning using the HP scan facility please?

HP are you listening?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation