02-06-2010 02:54 PM - last edited 4 weeks ago by Maiko-I
Please HP, I've been a faithful HP printer customer for over 12 years, refusing to buy anything but HP printers. How about coming up with drivers for your printers and W7. I cannot afford to buy a replacement for my 2727mfp. The universal driver only lets me print, I cannot take advantage of the other functions. And the Vista drivers don't help either.
p.S. This thread has been moved from Windows 7 to Multifunction and All-in-One. - Hp Forum Moderator
02-07-2010 09:53 PM
Version: 4.3 (17 Dec 2009)
Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit), Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
File name: M1522series-win7-full-solution-AP-v4.3.exe (220 MB)
So patient to waiting for.
02-21-2010 08:46 PM
08-17-2011 08:08 PM
It looks like HP released a new version last year. It seems to work for me once I removed the previous driver/device and corresponding IP printer port from my computer. It wants to recreate everything from scratch rather than recognize that the port is already setup.
01-04-2012 11:53 AM
Hi ther Chet,
I have just purchased a new computer with Windows 7 professional and am trying to install the driver for My Hp Laserjet M2727nf. I am having a lot of trouble with it.
The only way I can get it to print at all is through the TCIP connection. It will not connect at all thrught the USB. with the TCIP connection I can NOT use the scanner etc.
How did you get your problem with the M2727nf sorted.
Thanks for your help
4 weeks ago
I read through a bunch of posts on 4/8 and landed on this solution after searching for new links where many posts pointed to broken links.
I'm now posting this in several of those threads, so if it's merely a repeat of something above, forgive me.
Seems that no one discussion led me to the perfect answer though, so hopefully this helps someone.
This maybe isn't the most elegant solution, but it works in 64 bit Windows 7 Pro.
Haven't tested it in Windows 8 (or 10), but I'd imagine it'd be worth a shot.
I actually like this better, for 2 reasons.
1) It keeps HP bloatware off my machine(s)
2) The install can be repeated on multiple machines and available to all without switching the USB cable
* Hook up the printer as a network device using an ETHERNET cable, not USB
- Get the IP address from the device
* Download "HP LaserJet M2727 MFP PCL6 Network Express Scan/Print Driver Package"
- from: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?s
* Extract the installer "LJM2727-PCL6-netpnp-win64-ww.exe"
- Right-click the extracted .exe file and select Properties, go to the 'Compatibility' tab
- Check the box under Compatibility mode for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
- Select "Windows Vista (Service Pack 2)", not "Windows 7"
- Click 'Apply' and 'OK'
* Run the executable...
- During Step 3 of the install, you'll see a box, "Identify Printer"
- Select the option to "Specify a printer by address"
- Select "IP Address (IPv4) or Hostname"
- Enter the IP address of the device
- Click 'Next'
- A "Printers Found" box will appear and should list your device in a grid under the heading 'Install a discovered network printer'
- Highlight your device and click 'Next' ; allow the install to complete
Once the install completes, simply use the Windows Fax and Scan utility to scan documents.
You can also add the printer as a networked device and still get the same benefits of availability and no bloatware, but that's a whole other tutorial...