Windows 7 64-bit & HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printing problem (1460 Views)
Advisor
BlackRaven
Message 1 of 2 (1,460 Views)

Windows 7 64-bit & HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printing problem

Hello.

I have installed the latest available drivers (as of 26rd October 09) for HP LJ M1005 MFP printer
on Windows 7 64-bit Professional. Printer connected over USB.
I can't print more than two pages from any application. It stops printing after two pages and have a message on LED "Printing Document". Nothing is in the print queue. This printer was working perfectly with MS XP. Since then I bought a new desktop running Win 7 64 bit operating system and now I am unable to print more than a few pages at a time. This is so intensely  frustrating.

My observation: printer works fine with x64 applications. If I try to print some docs from x32 Office - it goes silent after 1-2 pages. I can't install Office x64 because of it's incompatibility with mathtype. So anyways, if we put Office aside, we still have a problem with a bunch of x32 applications, from which we need a print.

I've contacted with russian HP support - they've put simple "this printer is incompatible with x64 Win 7" or "this model of printer is not supported anymore". I don't get. It's some kind of smart strategy to make people buy new printers, or what? Today is march 2012, last update of x64 driver - october of 2009 (which doesn't work properly). I want to hear something clear about updates or it's absence in future.

Thanks in advance.

Advisor
BlackRaven
Message 2 of 2 (1,423 Views)

Re: Windows 7 64-bit & HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printing problem

*up*

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.