Windows 7 64-bit & HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printing problem (1261 Views)
Advisor
BlackRaven
Message 1 of 2 (1,261 Views)

Windows 7 64-bit & HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printing problem

Hello.

I have installed the latest available drivers (as of 26rd October 09) for HP LJ M1005 MFP printer
on Windows 7 64-bit Professional. Printer connected over USB.
I can't print more than two pages from any application. It stops printing after two pages and have a message on LED "Printing Document". Nothing is in the print queue. This printer was working perfectly with MS XP. Since then I bought a new desktop running Win 7 64 bit operating system and now I am unable to print more than a few pages at a time. This is so intensely  frustrating.

My observation: printer works fine with x64 applications. If I try to print some docs from x32 Office - it goes silent after 1-2 pages. I can't install Office x64 because of it's incompatibility with mathtype. So anyways, if we put Office aside, we still have a problem with a bunch of x32 applications, from which we need a print.

I've contacted with russian HP support - they've put simple "this printer is incompatible with x64 Win 7" or "this model of printer is not supported anymore". I don't get. It's some kind of smart strategy to make people buy new printers, or what? Today is march 2012, last update of x64 driver - october of 2009 (which doesn't work properly). I want to hear something clear about updates or it's absence in future.

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Advisor
BlackRaven
Message 2 of 2 (1,224 Views)

Re: Windows 7 64-bit & HP LaserJet M1005 MFP Printing problem

*up*

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation