Re: Will the OfficeJet X451DW recognize the Manual tray automatically? (304 Views)
Occasional Contributor
argwallace
Message 1 of 3 (333 Views)

Will the OfficeJet X451DW recognize the Manual tray automatically?

Hello,

I just upgrade my old HP Laser Printer to a new HP OfficeJet Pro X451dw. On my previous printer, whenever I put something in the manual tray and then sent the print command, it sensed there was a document there and printed from there with no need to choose the Paper Feed. It just sensed there was a paper in the bypass. Now with this new one, I don't see that happening. Is there a way to get this functionality? I do many envelopes and special papers through the bypass and having to select the Paper Feed on the Mac Dialog all the time I can see is going to be frustrating.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Stephen

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (310 Views)

Re: Will the OfficeJet X451DW recognize the Manual tray automatically?

Sounds like you selected a specific paper type for your manual feed tray 1.

If you set the Paper Type for your manual feed tray to "Any" then the printer will automatically print whatever media is loaded without prompting you for additional decisions.   Likewise, if you leave the paper type on Tray 2 as "Plain" and Paper Size as "Letter" then it will continue to print your normal sized print jobs from that tray.

If you are still having problems then shoot us your tray settings.  We should be able to review and suggest a better configuration.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
Occasional Contributor
argwallace
Message 3 of 3 (304 Views)

Re: Will the OfficeJet X451DW recognize the Manual tray automatically?

Thanks for the feedback. I am looking at my settings and I don't see "Any" as an option but do see a "Custom". Would that do the same? What I have done since posting is set my Tray 1 to be the default tray. Since this is usually empty, it then goes to Tray 2 which has Letter size. Whenever I do use Tray 1, for envelopes and other sizes, it prints on them first since this is the default tray now. It seems to be working but I do have to select the button on the unit to confirm.

Is there a way around that?

Thanks,

Stephen

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.