Re: ToolboxFX error (592 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Cynthia Otten
Message 1 of 5 (1,421 Views)
Accepted Solution

ToolboxFX error

Why do I get the following error?
HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and can not recover.

Win32nt - 5.1.2600.196608
HP ToolboxFX version: 004.017.00154
I tried to reinstall the software but I still get the error.

Running Win XP
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
ANNIE
Message 2 of 5 (1,412 Views)

Re: ToolboxFX error

Hi Cynthia,
Can you mention your product name/number?

I think that in one of the given below link, the same issue was discussed might be some help you will get from this link,
http://forums11.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/bizsupport/questionanswer.do?admit=109447626+127037415348...
Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Please use plain text.
Visitor
claudio64
Message 3 of 5 (677 Views)

Why do I get the following error?
HP ToolboxFX has encountered an error and can not recover.

Win32nt - 5.1.2600.196608
HP ToolboxFX version: 004.017.00154
I tried to reinstall the software but I still get the error.

Running Win XP

Please use plain text.
Neighborhood Moderator
affableLJ
Message 4 of 5 (660 Views)

Try the following and see if it works for you;

• Please go to the following directory  C:\ProgramData\Hewlett-Packard\ToolboxFX\Settings
  • Under this directory delete all the files in Settings folder. 
  • Then reboot pc and restart the printer.

*This can occur when the IP has changed or the printer had lost communication and been re-connected.

This post has other useful information

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/Error-HP-ToolboxFX/td-p/643201

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
I am an HP employee!
Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
DocumentRunr
Message 5 of 5 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have found it best to leave out the installation of the ToolboxFX, as it has never been supported adequately. On our product, the LaserJet 3050, in the installation menu there are checkbox options for 1) basic drivers 2) Toolbox suite 3) HP Customer product experience 4) HP update. If you just check the basic driver install then you'll never have to hassle with a software/driver package that doesn't work and can hang up your whole system. Then, without the ToolBoxFX there, you are free to install the Universal Print Driver, which on our system seems to work pretty well. Note that the install using the Full Product Solution and unchecking all but the basic driver install is different than the Plug and Play (pnp) basic driver install. I find this amazing. Don't use the pnp install as your scanning may not work as well.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation