TWAIN SCAN Error (266 Views)
Occasional Visitor
hajjiwk
Message 1 of 3 (266 Views)

TWAIN SCAN Error

After downloading the Windows 8 64-bit driver for HP Officejet 6500 Wireless and successfully installing it, I am not able to scan any documents using the software. I am able to print without any problems. The error reads "The scan  cannot be performed because another program or computer is using the networked HP imaging device." Extended error information 8, [(0, 18, -2147467259)]. I appreciate a solution to this problem.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 2 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: TWAIN SCAN Error

I've seen somewhere that on USB the printer will do basic scan and print tasks but not on network so it might be worth testing this by connection USB and see if it does work.

I can't recall where I saw this, it was just something I read in passing and didn't take much notice of at the time.

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
egraf
Message 3 of 3 (207 Views)

Re: TWAIN SCAN Error

I have the same problem with Windows 8 x64.

When I installed the program on my laptop, which runs Windows 8 x86, there's no problem.

I contacted HP, but they're not willing to help unless I pay a fee, because my scanjet is already beyond the warranty period. First they blame it on the software, after I told them about my laptop they blame it on my desktop, which is nonsense, because it ran OK under Windows 7 x64. I tried uninstalling, reinstalling, the whole works, but nothing seems to do the trick. At least if I need to scan slides I still can use the laptop

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation