StubApp Has stopped working (1168 Views)
Occasional Visitor
candy pich
Message 1 of 7 (1,168 Views)

StubApp Has stopped working

does anyone have a fix for this I am trying to install my HP Color laser jet CM1312nfi MFP with no luck, I have even installed the drivers off of hp's website?
Occasional Visitor
Josh Rubida
Message 2 of 7 (1,168 Views)

Re: StubApp Has stopped working

Did you have any luck getting this fixed? I am having the same problem.
Occasional Visitor
candy pich
Message 3 of 7 (1,168 Views)

I still have not gotten my $500.00 dollar printer working, I have talked to HP and NO LUCK!!! I am NOT HAPPY!
HP Pro
Raghu K   Russel
Message 4 of 7 (1,168 Views)

Hi Candy...

Please perform the below steps and let me know if it wrks...

1. Uninstall and clean all of HP printer software from Add/remove programs.

2. Right-click My Computer > Properties > Advanced > Settings > Data Execution Prevention Tab > Select "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except thise I select" and select the "Add" button to add the Setup.exe installation file of the pritner software. Apply the setings and restart the PC

3. Inatall the software.
Thank you!

I am an HP Employee.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution.
Click the Kudos star if this was helpful. Thank You!
Occasional Visitor
Jeffrey Isbel
Message 5 of 7 (1,168 Views)

I am having the same problem and the proposed solution does not work for me! I continue to have the StubApp error.

My expensive printer is causing me down time which is costing me more money!!!
Occasional Contributor
DC Howe
Message 6 of 7 (1,168 Views)

I am at a point whereas I find HP just content with allowing all who have Vista 64 or equivalent not being able to use their expensive multi-function printers. At best now I can print in black only, cannot scan or fax from my PC, using the CM1312nfi as a low end non-color printer only. HP offers no software fixes.
Ironically, my PC is an HP, configured by HP with Vista 64 - go figure.

I do wish that HP would at least stop representing their products as compatible with Vista.
Occasional Visitor
Steven Peltier
Message 7 of 7 (1,168 Views)

I been working with this all day with the supplied CD. I finally downloaded the newer driver from their website. It worked flawlessly. While you are there, download the firmware upgrade as well. This is my second printer as the first fried its fax modem because of a flaw in the firmware it was shipped with (according to HP).

Hats off to HP as they had a new printer to me the next day.........
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.