Still Trying for Internet Connectiion (135 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MesaRey
Message 1 of 2 (135 Views)

Still Trying for Internet Connectiion

Yes, I'm still at it.  I have been working for days to solve this problem.  I ran every diagnostic program I could find.  The problem:  "The printer could not connect to the internet." So says my wireless printer.I would really appreciate someone to help me solve this problem.  Thanks in advance.....M.

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: Still Trying for Internet Connectiion

We are going to need a little more information to provide you with any meaningful feedback or suggestions:

- Printer model

- OS

- Network(Cable or WiFi) or USB connection

- Application you are printing/scanning from

- Any previous forum threads you started that can show your history

- Any results from those diagnostic tools you have tried so far

Connecting to the internet should not be necessary for any kind of printing or scanning  unless you are working from a device with no print driver installed (Tablet, Smartphone, etc).  For those situations newer HP models have access to ePrint which uses an email alias to recieve print jobs over the internet.  If that is the case then you most likely have not set up your home network correctly or the printer is not connected to it.  Break down how you have all of your devices connected for us.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.