Software Won't Install (107 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MCharlie
Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

Software Won't Install

When I try and reinstsall the software for my all in on Laserjet 3390 printer, it fails at a point I have no scanner function.  The printer works fine, drivers are installed, fax works, copies, but It can't find any scanner software..because the installation didn't complete.  I am handicapped and I need this function desparately.  HELP!

Thank you.

MC

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 2 (96 Views)

Re: Software Won't Install

Chances are your scanning software is corrupted and needs to be cleaned up before attempting another reinstall.  Remove as much of the software as you can by running the uninstall tool.  Then reboot to shutdown any background services tied to the printer.  After that then manually delete any HP folders you can find under C:\Programs and C:\Programsx86.  The HP folders are where the scanning files are stored.  Download the latest software update for your OS from http://support.hp.com and try again.

If you continue to have problems installing then search your machien for an install log and post it for us to review.  HP normally tucks an instll log away under C:\users\<userID>\appdata\local\temp. The file normally starts with hp and end in .log.  Organize the folder by date to find it easier.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.