Sending faxes without Phone Lines using OfficeJet 8600 Pro (through network?) (1225 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Crynos
Message 1 of 2 (1,225 Views)

Sending faxes without Phone Lines using OfficeJet 8600 Pro (through network?)

[ Edited ]

Hello gentlemen and ladies,

Allow me first to Thank you for your help in solving this little problem of mine.

Background;

I am operating a Asterisk VOiP server and I want to get rid of all conventional phone lines.  I still need to send out faxes and so I have migrated to HylaFax to send from the PCs but occasionally, it would be helpful to have a physical machine to load pages into and send out faxes.   I am using a brand new HP OfficeJet 8600 Platinum (?) edition connected to my network using a static IP.  No computer is connected to it directly.   All PCs are operating Windows 7 with newest versions of HP software installed.

Question;

Is it possible to send out faxes using the OJ 8600 without having a physical phone line connected to it?  In other words, I'd like to send out faxes using the OJ8600 through the LAN/Internet.

Thank you in advance for sharing your seemingly infinite knowledge pool

P.S.This thread has been moved from Fax and Copiers> to Multifunction and All-in-One- HP Forums Moderator

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 2 of 2 (1,210 Views)

Re: Sending faxes without Phone Lines using OfficeJet 8600 Pro (through network?)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation