Scanning from ADF on M425 (474 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Frustrated2
Message 1 of 4 (474 Views)

Scanning from ADF on M425

[ Edited ]

I have an M425dn.  I cannot scan from the ADF.  When I click 'scan', the docs do not even get fed into the device and I get "An error occurred while scanning."  Any thoughts?

P.S. this thread has been moved from Printers - LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One - Hp Forums Moderator

Occasional Visitor
Tom_Brillouet
Message 2 of 4 (457 Views)

Re: Scanning from ADF on M425

Hi,

I'm too cannot get this feature to work with my iMac.  Can anyone tell me how to determine the networkpath on a Mac?

Thanks in advance.

t

Honored Contributor
Kevin_Adams
Message 3 of 4 (429 Views)

Ideally the 2nd post should have been a seperate post as the solution might be different.

With regards the first post, what OS are you using, where do you see the error i.e on the PC or on the printer ?

Can you scan from the printer itself i.e copy a sheet using the ADF ? This would check if the ADF is functional at the mechanical level.

If you can provide more information then it may help, at the moment there's nothing to diagnose the problem.

Similarly with the 2nd post, what have you tried and what is the error ?

If it ain't simple it ain't worth doing.
(Don't forget Kudos if people have helped)
HP Pro
muffinTopper
Message 4 of 4 (308 Views)

The product is designed to scan from the flatbed unless there is paper loaded in the ADF.  It sounds like it is not detecting paper getting loaded.  There should be a noticable message on the bottom of the control panel that changes as paper is loaded "Document feeder loaded" and it goes away when the paper is removed.  Do you see this message when loaded media in the ADF?

If not, it's possible that you have a faulty sensor or you may not be loading the paper far enough in.  If you open the ADF jam access door, you can visibily see the paper presense sensor flag.  Do you see that flag, does it move?

To help further, it would also help to have the error code you are getting.

I work for HP.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.