Scanning Software/Driver for Color Laserjet CM1017 MFP (3161 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Kevin Teh
Message 1 of 3 (3,161 Views)

Scanning Software/Driver for Color Laserjet CM1017 MFP

I found new printer driver for 1017 on Windows 7, but can't find the scanner driver, nor is there the full software for 1017.
Somewhat ticked off as HP seems to be slow in supporting a 3 year old printer, which costs quite a bit to start with.

Can any one give me a recommendation on which driver to download for scanning? Or where to find the HP Scanning Software for Windows 7?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
r patt
Message 2 of 3 (3,127 Views)

Re: Scanning Software/Driver for Color Laserjet CM1017 MFP

I have the same problem with a 2840 and was told by HP support too bad, there is not a fix for this problem you have to buy a new printer.

apparently there is no driver that works for VISTA or WINDOWS 7. tried the 3 universal drivers and none work.

you would think someone at HP would pull thier head out of their rear and either come up with a fix or offer a special purchase deal?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DAVID GADBOIS
Message 3 of 3 (3,127 Views)

Re: Scanning Software/Driver for Color Laserjet CM1017 MFP

This is both a Win7 as well as an HP scanning software issue.

Cut and paste this link to see some discussions and possible solutions:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Software-and/Resolving-HP-Solution-Center-Scan-and-P...

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation