Re: Scanning/ HP Laser Jet Pro 300 (402 Views)
Occasional Visitor
mmely79
Message 1 of 7 (805 Views)

Scanning/ HP Laser Jet Pro 300

[ Edited ]

Every time I scan a file, about half way through it will freeze and I have to turn my printer off and cancel the scan and wait for the printer to come back on before I can start the scan again. HELP????? Sometimes I can get through three of four files before it does it and other times I have the restart three times before I can get through a complete file...

P.S. This thread has been moved from Printers - LaserJet to Multifunction and All-in-One - HP Forums Moderator 

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Chris H
Message 2 of 7 (779 Views)

Re: Scanning/ HP Laser Jet Pro 300

[ Edited ]

I don't know the answer, but my new LaserJet Pro 400 Colour MFP 475dn (with latest firmware, datecode 20120808) suffers from the same problem:

• Scanning multi-page document, using the ADF, freezes randomly - sometimes OK, sometimes on first page, other times after multiple pages.
  • When this occurs, pressing Cancel on the touch-screen control appears to cancel the current scan.
  • But then any attempt to start a new scan results in a message indicating that the device is Busy - try later .
  • The only way to start a new scan is to reboot the printer.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
dgeris
Message 3 of 7 (680 Views)

I have the same issue with my Pro 300. When I try to scan multiple pages, the scanning hangs sometimes after 3 pages, sometimes after 10 pages, ...

Also when I cancel the job via my PC and also on the display of the printer and I then want to scan again, it gives me the message that the printer is still busy.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
dgeris
Message 4 of 7 (616 Views)

Guess what. As explained above, I had the same problem with my printer. But I also had another problem. The colour cyan was not working, it was not a cartridge problem but a device problem. After complaining at HP, they send me a brand new printer. When I performed my first scan with that new printer, the same problem occured. I scanned 3 pages and after the second page, the system froze ! The scanning stopped again after 2 pages and I had to startup the whole system again.

This device is the worst device I ever bought and it certainly will be the last HP device I'll ever buy !

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cseilern
Message 5 of 7 (464 Views)

Yup - identical problem here. Even stared another thread about it before i found this one. 

Surely this is not a user issue but a device issue: after all the problem exists regardless of the OS, regardless of the network, regardless of the scan destination (USB, email or network) and regardless of the UI (computer of Laserjet).

Is HP going to fix this? or will they give us yet another reason to look not for a better product, but just one that works??

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cseilern
Message 6 of 7 (404 Views)

I have a LJ Pro 400 with EXACTLY the same problem. I have opened a thread in the forums, but still no acknowledgement, response, or, god forbid, fix from HP.

And yet many clearly suffer from this out f the box bug. The forums are full of people with LJ Pro 400 and 300s who are describing the exact same symptoms, and yet not a peep from HP.

Time to go and complain about this in a place where HP's sales might get affected if they dont fix it - at amazon.com, or any other big online shop, where hopefully potential buyers might be disuaded from buying this paperweight of a scanner after reading how little HP cares about it and its owners.

Please join me, go to online shops, and describe the issue. Help somone else avoid owning this useless scanner whose manufacturer does not care. Because complaining here on HP.com obviously changes nothing!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
cseilern
Message 7 of 7 (402 Views)

Here is my review of my LJ Pro 400 where I warn people about this issue.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1IU9JELAU0LN0?ref_=pe_620760_65501210

If you feel the same way, please add your own. Maybe that will get HP to do something!

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation