Scan won't turn into PDF/JPG in Windows 7, HP Officejet 7210 (705 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Lei Zhang
Message 1 of 4 (705 Views)

Scan won't turn into PDF/JPG in Windows 7, HP Officejet 7210

I have just upgraded from Vista to Windows 7. After the upgrade I tried to scan a file into PDF. However, it scanned and you can see the preview. But after you click done, it started converting and a progress bar appears, but before it finish, the bar just disappeared and there is no PDF file been generated. It also apply to scan to JPG/BMP as well.

I have tried uninstall and reinstall the software 3 time, it just don't turn any scan into files.

Any thoughts?
This happened to my XP before as well, but seems problem will be solved after reinstall the software.

Thanks
Advisor
Wayback
Message 2 of 4 (705 Views)

Re: Scan won't turn into PDF/JPG in Windows 7, HP Officejet 7210

(Good Post) and I am curios to here an answer, I have the L7680 all-in-one and I have ran into similar problems. I also had the print solutions window that would come up and prompt me through all my printing needs from the computer for exp. scanning to PDF, JPG... that was wiped and I can't seem to retrieve it, had no problems with Vista Ultimate
Occasional Visitor
Lei Zhang
Message 3 of 4 (705 Views)

After a conversation with HP ended with nowhere, I then reinstalled the Windows 7 from scratch. This solve the problem. Apparently it is the issue with the software after I upgraded the windows 7 from Vista.

The same problem occurred before in Windows XP as well and the only solution seems to reinstall the Windows.

Or, another option you can try is to use HP uninstall utility to make sure everything from HP has been cleared before you tried to reinstall.
Advisor
Wayback
Message 4 of 4 (705 Views)

I think I have somthing that you may want to try, after replying to you I read on to the next page to message(Scanning on M2727Mfp using Windows 7). You may want to read the whole thing but basically this attachment was all I needed, and it did work for me and my scans will turn into JPG/PDF and then some, I used it all day yesterday and no problems
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.