Scan software of HP LaserJet M2727 Multifunction Printer (13978 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Tony Winfrey
Message 1 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Scan software of HP LaserJet M2727 Multifunction Printer

Since the release of Windows 7 64 bit software, the new release of the scanning/fax software was due to be released in late November (according to HP's website). This notification has been removed, and nothing is available for download for Windows 7 64 bit scanning/fax software.

Has anyone found a solution for this? Is HP going to release the software?
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 2 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Re: Scan software of HP LaserJet M2727 Multifunction Printer

HP has not given any answers about when scanning software for using M27272 AIO printer w/ Windows 7m 32- or 64-bit.

From what I can find, there is no work-around, unless you have a second computer in the house with Windows Vista or XP. Then you can scan on that machine and e-mail the document to your machine. That's what I'v been forced to do.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Jakob Jensen
Message 3 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Hello,

Windows 7 uses the same drivers as Windows Vista, only the software is a bit different.

The solution is to download the full software solution for Windows Vista, right click the file, choose "Properties".
Under the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows Vista Service Pack 2" on the dropdown list.

Now press "Ok" and doubbleclick(run) the downloaded file, to install the software normally.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 4 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Thanks. Will try this solution and then report back.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hari Keswani
Message 5 of 22 (13,978 Views)

I too have been waiting for the drivers. On Jan.11 the HP support call center person told me it should be available in 4 weeks -still nothing.

I tried the proposed Vista solution - ran it twice and each time the install failed half way through the install process.

This is a current HP product and I cant understand the lack of support from HP as in the stores both my computer - HP Touchsmart 600 and the HP printer have stickers stating they are Windows 7 ready. Misleading advertising. The HP person blamed Microsoft for the problem.

TWO HP PRODUCTS AND THEY CANNOT WORK TOGETHER. BASICALLY RIGHT NOW I HAVE A VERY EXPENSIVE PRINTER.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 6 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Jacob solved my problem. See his reply above, but here's what he said to do, and it worked for me, using Windows 7 32-bit Home Premium and HP Laserjet M2727nf. Be sure to follow is instructions exactly or it may not work. THANK YOU, JACOB!

Hello,

Windows 7 uses the same drivers as Windows Vista, only the software is a bit different.

The solution is to download the full software solution for Windows Vista, right click the file, choose "Properties".
Under the "Compatibility" tab, select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows Vista Service Pack 2" on the dropdown list.

Now press "Ok" and doubbleclick(run) the downloaded file, to install the software normally.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 7 of 22 (13,978 Views)

I should have added that it's still outrageous that HP hasn't provided specific Windows 7 software for HP's M2727nf.

Continue your prostests.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 8 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Make that Jakob, not Jacob. Sorry about misspelling your name. I'm tryin to assing you mega points, but HP site won't allow it, although I'm signed in. Any idea on how to assign points?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Hari Keswani
Message 9 of 22 (13,978 Views)

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. That is the OS that came with the machine. I am in this predicament as my old HP crashed and I replaced it with the HP Touchsmart. Any workarounds for the 64 bit OS? Thanks
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 10 of 22 (13,978 Views)

Don't know if the work-around suggested by Jakob Jensen above will work. You can try, I hope, w/o any damage if it does not work.

I just got e-mail from HP support saying it is still working on W7 software with no anticipated commpletion date. Yikes!

Hope you've filed complaints with your BBB and griped on all the HP boards you can find.

Good luck.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Draughon Silcox
Message 11 of 22 (13,566 Views)

Windows 7, 64 Bit
I've tried the method described above (saving file, going to compatibility mode for Vista SP2). When I run the installation, I still get error: "Run as..."

This software cannot be installed using the 'Run as...' command. The installation cannot continue until this is resolved.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Draughon Silcox
Message 12 of 22 (13,566 Views)

I think I found my "run as..." error solution. If I click "Run as Administrator" it seems to work. Strange thing is that my user is the Administrator account on this PC. Didn't know you had to specify.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 13 of 22 (13,566 Views)

Glad you solved the issue. We all have Jakob to thank for the work-around. Happy scanning now.

Do keep a barage of gripes vs. HP going...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tony Winfrey
Message 14 of 22 (13,566 Views)

Just an added note. In order for me to get the software to install on 64 bit Windows 7, I had to right click on the file, click on the "Troubleshoot Capability" tab, and then select "Windows XP (Service pack 2)" option. It did install the software, however, it did not install any more than I already had installed. I still do not have the Scan software, which is what I want. I was already printing from this printer without this installation, so basically, I am still where I started.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 15 of 22 (13,566 Views)

To answer your last question, HP has not said when or if it will release the software. Keep complaning.

One other step you might try, although there's no guarantee it will work, is to:

1. Go to the Start icon on the far bottom left of your screen. Find HP in the list on your left side. If it's there, good.

2. Now, left click HP. Do you see your printer name? If so, good. Now left click on the printer. Now do you see an icon called scan? If so, good. Left click that icon.

3. All this should bring you to a scan setup menu. Scan setup will open on your computer. Now, just do what you did to get the scanning function to work in Vista. Or follow what are pretty intuitive steps if this is your first time using setup.

4. You can also put a scanning icon on your desktop icon by right clicking the scan icon (See Step 3) and going to "Send To" and selecting "Create Shortcut Desktop." Or you can go through the setup (Step 3), which should allow you to use the screen on the printer to scan from the printer directly.

Good luck and let us know how you do.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tony Winfrey
Message 16 of 22 (13,566 Views)

HP is in the list, but there is not a printer listed there, nor is there a Scan option.

I am not totally out of using the scan feature, I have the software loded on a Vista notebook, but it would be nice if it was on the Windows 7, which is my main pc.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 17 of 22 (13,566 Views)

Did you left click on the HP icon in the list? Did no printer model show up? If not,
I might then do a complete uninstall of the software you previously installed and try to reinstall with all the steps suggested earlier by Jacob. I use Revo Uninstaller, which I've found effective and problem free because it even elimninates registry entries for the uninstalled software.

Giving it one more shot won't hurt and, hey, you never know. Remember, per Jakob, you must install as Administor and do an install under compatibility mode with Vista SP 2.

Also, make sure you are downloading from HP.com the correct software. Were you using Vista for 64 bit when you were able to scan? If so, be sure to download that HP software for 64 bit.Go to the url below and click on the right operating system: Vista or Vista 64:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=3377076...〈=en&cc=us&submit=Go%20»

Again, good luck and keep us posted...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Tony Winfrey
Message 18 of 22 (13,566 Views)

Ok, here is what I did. I uninstalled the previous version of the M2727 software. The Revo Uninstaller will not work on the 64-bit Windows 7, so I went to the control panel, and did the uninstall from there. I then chose to right click on the file, click on the "Troubleshoot Capability" tab, and then select "Windows XP (Service pack 2)" option. Then, I chose to select which programs to install. After answering a few questions, I then found the list of programs to install. All had check marks by them, but just to be sure, I highlighted the program that had the scan feature. I finished the install, and then input the needed replies to the fax software, and when it finished, the Scan option was in my list when you click on the Start button, and the HP LaserJet M2727 is now in the list under the HP folder.

I did a test scan, and it worked perfectly.
I hope this helps others who are having issues getting the software to install.

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions.
Please use plain text.
Advisor
STUART DIM
Message 19 of 22 (13,566 Views)

I'm delighted for you. Congrats. One of these days, our "friends" at HP will produce the needed Windows 7 software so we don't need to jump all these hoops to make their product work.

Happy scanning...
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
FRAGmos
Message 20 of 22 (11,147 Views)

This Solution works!! Do not hesitate to try! :)

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
roy Hanson
Message 21 of 22 (6,262 Views)

for this reason is why we stay with XP Pro. reliable works with everything.

Just because Gates company comes out with and exciting software, does not mean its user friend (never has been) and it works.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
dhasarathan
Message 22 of 22 (2,489 Views)

Hi,

I need scanner driver.

Regards,

Dhasarathan.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation