Scan no longer available - HP Envy 5532 e (1049 Views)
Occasional Visitor
DAW2606
Message 1 of 6 (1,049 Views)

Scan no longer available - HP Envy 5532 e

Hello, I hope some-one can help.

I have recently installed a new HP Envy 5532 e onto my home network. Installation was fine and we were able to scan and print successfully.

Both my PCs are now receivin error message 'Scan to computer no longer active'.  This appears upon boot but also remains and we are no able to print.  The PC names are no longer visibleon the printer screen. However we can still print.

The configuration is as follows:

PC 1 is Windows XP SP3, runinng Norton Internet Security.

PC 2 is Windows 7 Home running Norton Internet Security,

Both PCs are up to date with Windows updates.

Both PCs have the 'Scan to Computer' option set to enabled and to activate automatically upon PC startup.

Printer is wirelessly connected  to the network.

I have checkd the IP address of the printer and this is unchanged since installation.

I have tempoarily switched Norton Firewall Security off to look for port conflicts but to no avail.

The HP print and Scan Doctor fails at the Twain test and advises me to reboot the computer and restart the test.  It appears unable to find the scanner. 

As we can still print, I do not understand why we cannot scan.

I am confused as we were able to print and scan when we initially installed the software.

I would be grateful for any assistance from the community.

Thank you in advance.

Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
Oldscout
Message 2 of 6 (1,029 Views)

Re: Scan no longer available - HP Envy 5532 e

The driver has become corrupt uninstall it, then try with wa fresh driver.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 3 of 6 (1,028 Views)

Hello, sounds like the connection between the printer and router are having issues, have you tried power cycling your wireless router? I would see if that might change anything first, also do you have many devices connected via wireless? Not much of a solution but hope this helps some....

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DAW2606
Message 4 of 6 (1,002 Views)

Thank you.
I've downloaded the latest driver from the driver site. Uninstalled the old and installed the web version.
Installation went fine, scan test was successful.
Next day the error returned.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
DAW2606
Message 5 of 6 (1,001 Views)

Thanks for the help.

I had done a full cycle of the router. Good point about the devices. I have checked the IP addresses and there are no duplicates. Thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
Valued Contributor
Imagenet_Tech
Message 6 of 6 (993 Views)

Hello, sorry to hear you are still having the issue. I have a suggestion, is it possible to connect the printer directly into a laptop not on the network? The reason I am suggesting this is that since you installed/tested and it worked briefly, I am wondering if it is something on the network, plus this way we can narrow it down to the printer or something on the network. Because, in my opinion, it seems something on the network is not allowing the printer to scan. I have seen on the 4540 mfp where it is scanning fine but will just randomly not allow access to scan to folder. I look forward to your findings.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation