Scan function on HP 4480 doesn't work, worked before. (1229 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gblasius
Message 1 of 2 (1,229 Views)

Scan function on HP 4480 doesn't work, worked before.

I am unable to use the scan function on my hp deskjet f4480.  I uninstalled and reinstalled HP software, but the HP Scan software doesn't seem to 'find' my printer.   If I press the 'scan' button on the printer directly, I get the error message:
"The scan cannot be performed because another program has control of the HP Imaging Device."  I get this message whether I am running the HP Scan program or not.  
The device has worked in the past. 

I am unable to use the scan function on my hp deskjet f4480.  I uninstalled and reinstalled HP software, but the HP Scan software doesn't seem to 'find' my printer.   If I press the 'scan' button on the printer directly, I get the error message:"The scan cannot be performed because another program has control of the HP Imaging Device."  I get this message whether I am running the HP Scan program or not.  

The device has worked in the past. 

PS - I tried online help, gave up after waiting for an 'expert' for over 5 minutes.

Please use plain text.
Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 2 (1,213 Views)

Re: Scan function on HP 4480 doesn't work, worked before.

If the printer is connected on a network try the solutions offered here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00654095&lc=en&cc=us&product=1119598

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation