Scan function on HP 4480 doesn't work, worked before. (1260 Views)
Occasional Visitor
gblasius
Message 1 of 2 (1,260 Views)

Scan function on HP 4480 doesn't work, worked before.

I am unable to use the scan function on my hp deskjet f4480.  I uninstalled and reinstalled HP software, but the HP Scan software doesn't seem to 'find' my printer.   If I press the 'scan' button on the printer directly, I get the error message:
"The scan cannot be performed because another program has control of the HP Imaging Device."  I get this message whether I am running the HP Scan program or not.  
The device has worked in the past. 

I am unable to use the scan function on my hp deskjet f4480.  I uninstalled and reinstalled HP software, but the HP Scan software doesn't seem to 'find' my printer.   If I press the 'scan' button on the printer directly, I get the error message:"The scan cannot be performed because another program has control of the HP Imaging Device."  I get this message whether I am running the HP Scan program or not.  

The device has worked in the past. 

PS - I tried online help, gave up after waiting for an 'expert' for over 5 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor
Pier3v
Message 2 of 2 (1,244 Views)

Re: Scan function on HP 4480 doesn't work, worked before.

If the printer is connected on a network try the solutions offered here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00654095&lc=en&cc=us&product=1119598

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.