Reset password in M3035? (1796 Views)
Occasional Contributor
sanjay shah
Message 1 of 5 (1,796 Views)

Reset password in M3035?

Hello,

We have m3035X printer. SOmeone has put password in ADMin. If i want to make any changes, it shows access denied.

I tried NVRAM initialization but ask for password. I removed the battery but still the same,

How do i reset the passowrd?

sanjay

Sanjay
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 2 of 5 (1,791 Views)

Re: Reset password in M3035?

Your problem is not at the printer. You are probably using web jet admin software and the password has been set by your network administrator and is based on the MAC address of the printer. So each time you reset the printer the web jet admin software sees the printer on the network and reassigns the password. Easy to see if I am right. Just disconnect the network cable and do a cold reset of the printer. Turn the printer back on without attaching the network cable and see if you can access the menus. I bet you can. You will need your admin person to clear the password and if that is not possible remove the printer from the server and then put it back on the server with a complete reload.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
sanjay shah
Message 3 of 5 (1,789 Views)

Hi,

I have disconnected printer from the network. It is standalone. When it ry to do cold reset or initialize NVRAM, it ask for password. I can go into printer menu but most of the options are locked. When i click them, i get access denied error.

sanjay

Sanjay
Please use plain text.
Outstanding Contributor
DavidZuts
Message 4 of 5 (1,785 Views)

Try the mid level boot as the password may be on the hard disk.

Medium-level boot-up key sequence for initializing disks
1. Turn off the device.
2. Turn on the device.
3. When the control-panel display shows that the device has begun to count the memory, press
and hold the Start key.
4. When the LED lights turn on, release the Start key.
NOTE: Initialize disks is the only option available when using the medium-level boot-up key
sequence.
5. Press the 6 key to select Initialize disks.
The device continues the power-on sequence.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
sanjay shah
Message 5 of 5 (1,783 Views)

Hi,

Thogh i did not try mid level boot, i checked by removing HDD cables from the board. But it was still asking for the password.

sanjay

Sanjay
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation