Re: Repeated faxes (136 Views)
Occasional Visitor
scottkh
Message 1 of 3 (204 Views)

Repeated faxes

Hello all

We have 16 HP Laserjet 1536 dnf, each hooked up to computer with WIndows 7 32 bit. THese all in one machine is hooked up to phone analog line for the fax side.  These printers were working normally.

Suddenly we have three of them sending over 50 transmittal of the same documents.

What I should be looking for?   Do firmware update?

Thanks

Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (190 Views)

Re: Repeated faxes

Are they all sending the same message or recieving the same message? 

Sending the same message at the same time from multiple fax machines should not be possible unless you are using some kind of faxing software to perform the action.  For example if you have a fax server somewhere I would take a look at the logs and try to reset that device.

If the printers are simultaneously recieving the same message then I would think the problem would  be with your telco/Fax ISP.  Instead of splitting off the message to an individual machine the service provider is broadcasting the fax calls to any machine that will listen.

Normally when you have one fax machine that acts in this way the best thing to do is power it off, clear the phone line and if necessary restore the fax machine to defaults to clear the memory.   

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple thumbs up)
HP Pro
cs4517
Message 3 of 3 (136 Views)

Re: Repeated faxes

Was the fax being sent to the same number, the same image?  There is a test mode in this printer which does this, but it would be difficult to enable.  A power cycle will clear this mode.  Do you know what was being done before this happened.  Can you respond with the firmware version.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.