Problem with Officejet Pro L 7600 (268 Views)
Occasional Visitor
John Kelly_9
Message 1 of 3 (268 Views)

Problem with Officejet Pro L 7600

Hi

We have just installed an HP Officejet Pro L 7600 Series network printer/scanner.

This is connected via Cat5e cable on our server and installed on a users PC.

When the user wants to scan a document, they open HP Solution Centre, select the Scan Document option and the HP Scanning Splash screen appears.

The PC then freezes at the spalsh screen and when checking System Processes, there is a svchost.exe process taking 100% cpu.

If the user tries to open any other application/document, the HP Scanning splash screen logo etc is replaced by part of whichever document they open until the svchost process is killed.

After killing this process the user can then use the Document Scan as normal.

Whenever the PC is restarted the problem occurs again.

I have tried disabling all unneccesary applications/processes on start up, downloaded and installed the latest drivers from HP Website, Excluded on Access Virus Scan (Sophos)from HP Program files folder but problem still persists.

Can anyone help with this

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
John Kelly_9
Message 2 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: Problem with Officejet Pro L 7600

Update:

Server operating system is SBS 2003 R2
User operating system is XP Pro with SP2 and all current Microsoft Patches
Occasional Visitor
SWT Engineering
Message 3 of 3 (268 Views)

Re: Problem with Officejet Pro L 7600

I am having the exact same issue. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software several times. I used the scrubber utility after the latest uninstall which, I'm assuming, kills anything related to the OfficeJet's software. The machine is an XP SP2 box.

What's I have a Mac laptop and a Vista laptop that have no issues scanning, that I am aware of.

Very frustrating. Any ideas?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.