Problem printing files PIN code - Hp 5035 MFP (507 Views)
Occasional Visitor
razvanlica
Message 1 of 3 (507 Views)

Problem printing files PIN code - Hp 5035 MFP

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have a Hp 5035 MFP printer, configured to print with PIN code...
The problem is that if I send a file to someone else,and that person modify the file and send it to printer, she needs to print using my PIN code...How can I set it to print any file with my pin, not with somelese`s code.

Thank you

P.S. this thread has been moved from Laserjet to Multifunction and All-in-One - Hp Forums Moderator

HP Pro
pdill
Message 2 of 3 (491 Views)

Re: Problem printing files PIN code - Hp 5035 MFP

Hi, are you saying you want a single Permanent PIN for ANY job being sent to the device? so all users must use 1234, for example, to release the job at the printer, and they cant modify that pin?  This is driver based, so you must setup the default preference on the Print Server and share out the printer.  You can then set it to your PIN.  When users connect to that printer, and send a job, it will always prompt for that PIN.  You could name Printer, "securePrintRelease".  Then you could also have same device with normal default settings, "M5035Printer", so users could just print freely, if you wanted that option.

"I work for HP. The views expressed in my contributions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and strategy of HP. "
HP Pro
ApolloXIII
Message 3 of 3 (482 Views)

Re: Problem printing files PIN code - Hp 5035 MFP

If I understand your question correctly, you create a document and print using a PIN such as 1234.   You then email that document to another user and they print, but when they attempt to retrieve the job using thier PIN (5678), it fails.   However, if they enter your PIN (1234) it works correctly.   Is that the scenario?

If so, I would conclude that you are using a Microsoft Office application such as Word or Excel.   These applications store some printer information along wtih the document.   When you open a document that was saved by someone else, that document "remembers" some of the printing informaiton from the prior user.

In order to "sync" your printer settings with the document,  click File, Print, Printer Properties, OK.   You don't need to change any of the printer properties, simply opening the dialog and clicking OK will cause your printer settings to overwrite whatever printer settings were saved with the document.    At ths point, the document should print with your PIN, and not the settings of whoever sent you the print job.  

Say Thanks by clicking the thumbs up icon.
Please mark the post that solves your problem as Accepted Solution
(Although I am employed by HP, I am speaking for myself and not for HP)
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.