Re: Printer, scanner, and LPT ports (104 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Peter Singleton
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

Printer, scanner, and LPT ports

Pentium III with Win-NT. HP 1220cxi printer works fine including all bi-directional communication without scanner installed. HP-5200c scanner installed. No bi-directional communication with printer. uninstall scanner and printer. reload printer onto LPT1, works fine. Install scanner on LPT-3, get a physical memory dump, shut down, next boot get 'Boot disk failure'. uninstall scanner and printer. put printer on LPT3, works fine.(with BI-DI). Put scanner on LPT1, works fine, but again, lose bi-di communication with printer. Is there a solution, or do I just live with it?
I know just enough to be dangerous
Occasional Contributor
Jeffrey Williams
Message 2 of 2 (104 Views)

Re: Printer, scanner, and LPT ports

Peter,
Good day! For starters, I would recommend getting the laterst BIOS update for your PC. Then, make sure you have the latest drivers for the printer and the scanner.

If you have already done this, check the FAQ under both the printer and scanner at the HP website and make sure that there are not any existing compatability issues with your PC. Good luck!

---Jeff Williams
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.