Re: PSC 2210 duplex printing error (104 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Parikshat Pathak
Message 1 of 8 (104 Views)

PSC 2210 duplex printing error

Hi. I used to be able to print documents on both sides of the paper with no problems using the two-sided printing option in the Properties>Features tab. Just recently, the feature hasn't been working right. When I print a document larger than two pages, it only prints every other page. For example, when printing a 10 page document, it will print pages 1,5,9, and then when turned around, prints 2,4,8. The rest of the pages seem to disappear. None of the pages are paired in order except 1 and 2. I've reinstalled drivers, software, updated firmware twice, and full reset the device. Nothing has worked. I've also tried resetting to factory defaults in the software. It prints just fine in single page mode. I've owned the device about two years and would hate to buy another one. HELP!!
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Tom Leavitt
Message 2 of 8 (104 Views)

Re: PSC 2210 duplex printing error

Parikshat:
You seem to have a crazy problem.
Try duplexing using the 'draft' setting. Have you changed the quality or brand of paper recently?
Let us know how you do ... for anyone who develops similar problems.
Tom
Learn From History
Please use plain text.
Regular Advisor
Maureen Campbell_1
Message 3 of 8 (104 Views)

Hi , I am not an expert on this subject but I have had the same problem . I decided to contact HP directly and I was told that my printer did not support "double sided" printing .They also suggested I clean the rollers and the paper feed tracks. I do this about once a month or more {I do a lot of printing}.
However it does work sometimes but not always . I will keep checking in and maybe I too can find a permanent solution.
Good luck ... Sorry I could not be more helpful .. Maureen
Have a great day !!
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Parikshat Pathak
Message 4 of 8 (104 Views)

I did change paper quality recently. I tried again tonight with Officemax inkjet paper and the draft setting - still the same thing. I frequently clean the machine's parts. Could this be a windows problem? I'm using XP pro with all recent updates/patches applied.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Parikshat Pathak
Message 5 of 8 (104 Views)

I installed the printer on another XP system using the original supplied driver CD. Same problems with duplex printing. I'm thinking the circuit card has issues. Any more ideas?
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Tom Leavitt
Message 6 of 8 (104 Views)

Parikshat:
The 'MaxBrite Bright White Paper' is 24lbs and seems fine. There have been issues with the recycled type, however.
Geez, it sounds like you've covered all the bases. I don't think it's a Windows problem.
You might try 'Google-ing' with phrases such as:
'psc 2210 duplex COPY problems'
And, then focus in on specifics, etc.
Also, more people in this forum may respond if they see that you assign points :)
Tom
Learn From History
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Parikshat Pathak
Message 7 of 8 (104 Views)

I have google'd all sorts of phrases on this issue. No luck. It seems like the printer needs a more updated firmware. The only one available is from 2003, and I have installed that twice. I don't understand. Everything else works fine.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
sedum vera
Message 8 of 8 (104 Views)

I have a similar problem except mine prints in groups of three. I tried chatting online with a HP support person who was totally useless and I tried reinstalling all the software - still does the same thing. Let me know if you ever solve this problem.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation