PSC 2210 Scaning without cartridges? (76 Views)
Occasional Visitor
f6gnz
Message 1 of 3 (76 Views)

PSC 2210 Scaning without cartridges?

My PSC 2210 plastic cartridge holders have broken resulting in permanent blinking error. Is there still  a way to use Scanner in this situation??

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Getzke
Message 2 of 3 (69 Views)

Re: PSC 2210 Scaning without cartridges?

Most likely not. 

Hardware malfunctions are going to continue to prompt the user to perform maintenance.  Normally when there is a broken piece like this the printer locks up all functionality to preserve the other features.  See if you can find a replacement part for your carriage and replace on your own.  If not then contact a printer repair shop and ask for a quote while providing them with the specific error message.

My advice is that if the cost of repairs are more than 50% of a replacement model then junk your current printer.  Anything below that and it is generally worth saving the printer.  Most low end HP printers are not manufactured to be supported for very long and should be disposed of for any serious malfunctions.  Its normally only worth it to replace common things like cartridges print heads and rollers.

Kudo's appreciated : ) (The purple star under my UserName)
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
f6gnz
Message 3 of 3 (58 Views)

Re: PSC 2210 Scaning without cartridges?

Thanks for the response. I already asked for replacment parts and had no responses, seems they are also obsolete :-(.

It's a pity as I paid for this printer over 500 $ , and for that price HP should have installed more reliable cartridge holders instead of cheap plastic ones....

As I already have the Laserjet4000 for printing, I will purchase just a scanner and throw-away the PSC2210..

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation